Position Title: MicroStrategy B.I. Developer
Reports to: Senior Director Performance & Data Management
This individual will be responsible for data analysis, visualization and report design using the MicroStrategy suite of tools as well as other reporting and visualization toolkits. Strong experience with MicroStrategy is required and additional experience with data management and mining is desired. Our goal is to provide effective solutions for business analysis, intelligence and analytics in a customer-centric and public-facing environment.
This individual will work heavily with the reporting and analytical tools as well as have responsibility for business analysis and design, customer support, and training. This individual will also serve as a liaison between Information Technology team and our internal and external customers. Responsibilities include designing, developing, and implementing front-end Business Intelligence solutions in conjunction with our back-end development team. Additionally, this role will lead support and training of our user community. This individual will also work with our product vendors to troubleshoot and solve technical issues. Key areas of responsibility include the following:
- Interface with the business domain and gather requirements from the user community.
- Create business specifications as well as technical and project plans.
- Analyze and optimize available data relevant to the problem, incorporating additional sources as required.
- Develop custom reporting and analytic solutions to meet business needs.
- Create and incorporate MicroStrategy objects required for business reporting.
- Interact with data quality, management and administration teams to coordinate solution delivery and scheduling.
- Develop complex metrics, composite reports and dynamic dashboards using in-house and third-party visualization tools.
- Engage in the testing and deployment of new business intelligence solutions and assets.
- Document solutions for users and provide assistance with training and user support.
- Assist in the debugging and remediation of day-to-day production issues.
- Off hour production support.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in business intelligence role, including data warehousing business intelligence tools, techniques and technology.
- 3+ years of knowledge and direct experience using the full MicroStrategy product version 9.0.X or higher (includes Desktop, Architect, Admin, SDK, Web, Intelligence Server, Mobile, Office, Portal, SharePoint Integrations and Narrowcast).
- 4+ years of expertise with SQL and OLAP including data warehouse design, quality management and query optimization.
- Experience with database design, data modeling and development in a business intelligence context on the Oracle and/or Microsoft platform.
- Command of Windows and Linux operating system fundamentals including command shells and performance metrics.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to convey key insights and complex analysis in summarized business terms and effectively communicate within a team. Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
Indeed - 19 months ago
Microexcel Inc established in the year 2001 is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and a global leader in providing innovative and...