We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
STIMSON LUMBER SUCCESS FACTORS
At Stimson Lumber, we believe our success is driven through hiring the right people for the right jobs. We value the competencies listed below and strive to provide a workplace that attracts, motivates, and retains human capital that upholds our focus on excellence, personal accountability, and, leadership at all levels in our Company. Successful leadership candidates for Stimson Lumber will possess the following attributes:
- Performance to Expectations and Goals – Ability to identify, drive toward and achieve a specific objective; consistently tracks progress against goals and makes the necessary adjustments in order to achieve results.
- CI and Innovation – Detects gaps and opportunities for improvement and generates creative ideas and perspectives in order to overcome obstacles; drives for improvement and change.
- Communication Skills – Interacts effectively with others to convey thoughts, ideas, and information; utilizes the power of positive persuasion to gain the support of others.
- Adaptability – Ability to work effectively in an ever-changing environment; to perform multiple tasks and functions; willing to accept new ideas, approaches, and strategies; deals comfortably with unclear situations and problems.
- Safety First – Acts as a role model for safe on-the-job behavior; effectively follows safety policy and procedure; focuses on best practices and takes immediate corrective action when necessary.
- Team Player – Actively participates and is a well-respected member of the team; values others’ output and expertise; treats others with dignity and respect; helps the team achieve desired results and outcomes.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
- Business Acumen/Passion for the Business – Demonstrates commitment to Stimson and to our customers regularly by illustrating a desire to learn more, achieve business objectives, and role model exceptional employee behavior.
- Customer Focus – Is knowledgeable of our customer base and responds quickly to customer needs with quality and attention.
GENERAL LABOR in a lumber mill setting. Sweeping, shoveling, pulling lumber chain, paperwrapping packages of lumber, applying bar codes, and more.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
WORK AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Be able to do repetitive work for a minumum of 10 hrs a day.
- Keep up with the current flow of production
- Be able and willing to learn new postions in a short period of time.
- Computer skills (operating a ticket printer)
- Identify species
- Possess good communication skills and work well in a team setting
- Demonstrate thoroughness and attention to detail with a strong sense of urgency.
- High school diploma or GED
- basic computer skills required