Responsible for providing advanced technical support; solving complicated technical issues associated with daily system administration; operations, repair and surveillance for multiple large scale UNIX based national platforms. Coordinate and perform upgrades to the application and operating system of support platforms. Work with IT provisioning, Network Development and Client Applications teams on complex issues. Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures, using established procedures. Solving problems may involve collaboration with multiple vendors. Manage the vendor for root cause analysis and irreversible corrective action. Become a subject matter expert on most aspects of the supported platforms. Participate in lab and project work as new functionality and services are added to the platforms. Ensure quality document content (Method of Procedures (MOP), job aids, and process improvements) to increase network availability and reduce mean-time-to-restore (MTTR). The candidate should have 5+ years system administration and/or network administration experience as well as proven leadership capabilities. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Self discipline to document and follow up on assignments; self-motivation in-order to drive issues to resolution. Excellent inter- relationship/teamwork skills. The selected candidate will provide highest tier technical support and leadership for multiple national platforms, supporting servers running Linux Redhat, UNIX and various network appliances. The selected candidate will also participate in an on-call rotation in addition to their normal job functions. Candidates must demonstrate strong Linux, UNIX and networking skills, the desire and ability to rapidly learn new technologies and the ability to effectively manage issues to resolution. Candidates will also demonstrate the ability to prioritize issues, deal with multiple competing priorities, and remain focused in a fast paced work environment.
at least 5 years experience on technical support area
Technical Support area within the Telecom or similar industry.
Excellent communication skill (including presentation skill)
Having good customer orientation skill
Good capability in building teamwork
Good Negotiation skill.
o Network design
- 5+ years experience in supporting Linux (Redhat), UNIX and various network appliances
- Experience in monitoring and management tools
- Knowledge and experience in Storage/Disaster Recovery/Backup Solutions
- Good analytical, communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in systems upgrades, package installation, and configuration
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- System and Network Administration/Engineering
- Strong knowledge of:
o Data analysis
o IP Networks
o Server systems
o Mobile / Wireless Networks / Handsets
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
- Unix/Redhat System Administration
- MySQL Administration or Development
- Scripting skills – multiple languages
- F5 Administration
- Strong knowledge of Red Hat Cluster is a plus.
- Issues Management – Chronics and Conference Bridge during Outages
- Business Relationship Management
- System / Applications / OS / DB Performance monitoring
- System Tuning
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Apr 5, 2013, 9:42:37 PM
Ericsson - 21 months ago
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society and is a world leader in communications technology and services. Our long-term...