Be Part of the Next Generation of Flight
Aurora Flight Sciences is a leader in unmanned aerial systems, with a fleet of innovative aircraft designed to empower small tactical units, and safeguard our borders. Aurora provides the capabilities and process controls of a large company with
the “can do” attitude of a small company.
If you feel you are qualified, apply for this position, it could change your future
Job Qualifications (basic job description):
Aurora Flight Sciences is seeking an experienced Program Manager to join our growing Aerostructures team.
It is highly desirable for our Program Managers to have experience in the design and manufacture of composite structure.
This position requires an action and results oriented individual who can effectively lead a program team to achieve demanding development and production program goals. This individual must also be able to interact and communicate at all levels of the organization and with the customer.
The Program Manager acts as the company focal point for achieving customer program objectives and is responsible for the overall program performance including schedule, quality, and cost/profitability.
The Program Manager is responsible for:
Minimum Requirements (education and experience):
- Developing and implementing successful new business strategy in line with customer growth needs, objectives and goals.
- Defining and communicating program requirements.
- Managing the contract statement of work and processes associated with specific program customer requirements and objectives utilizing performance measurement and key metrics.
- Establishing and maintaining program plans that achieve program objectives including work breakdown of tasks, an integrated master schedule and associated resource plan including establishment of functional program budgets and staffing in line program and company financial objectives.
- Leading, directing and effectively communicating to the program team including company site operations, functional support and the supply chain in the management of program tasks and activities.
- Preparing and presenting customer and internal program reviews to communicate status and achievements.
- Providing visibility and being able to effectively communicate contract performance reporting, program status, issues and corrective actions to the customer, internal management and the program team.
- Achieving and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Managing the supply chain.
- Managing the program contract including being responsible for contract negotiations, administrative agreements, contract changes and modifications, and new business proposals.
Aurora Flight Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- B.S. in Engineering or other related discipline.
- 5 + years of successful program management experience in the aerospace industry with specific composite structure experience. Composite component manufacturing experience is required!
- Exceptional presentation skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- High level of computer proficiency.
- MS Project experience.
- P.M.P. Certification desirable.
- Ability to travel.
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder.
Aurora Flight Sciences - 2 years ago