At Perrigo our mission is clear: we seek to provide quality affordable healthcare products. With over $2 billion in sales and more than 7,000 people working around the world, Perrigo Company is a leading global healthcare supplier. We develop, manufacture, package and distribute over-the-counter and prescription pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, active pharmaceutical ingredients and consumer products.
With over five million square feet of FDA-approved manufacturing facilities Perrigo offers a broad line of store-brand products that contain the same active ingredients as the advertised brand products--and we're the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market.
As a Maintenance Supervisor at Perrigo, you will provide leadership to hourly maintenance staff to support quality initiatives, improve productivity and costs, explores innovative and alternate solutions to meet business needs, provides staff with corporate vision and goals, and provides great customer service to Operations to meet and exceed their objectives, through timely, professional and safe practices.
1. Directs efforts of hourly technicians and support staff to assure customer expectations are met and provides direction for all maintenance activities, and interfaces with other department managers and supervisors to remove roadblocks and provide service to meet production schedules.
2. Assists with oversight of the maintenance expense budget to assure expenses are controlled and budget goals are met.
3. Institutes programs to enhance equipment utilization and increase efficiencies on work centers and supports capital projects by meeting agreed upon timelines generated by Operations and Engineering while maintaining tracking or costs.
4. Supports quality initiatives and provide resources for change control, validation, cGMP training and development of engineering standards and good engineering practices.
5. Assists with maintaining spare parts inventory to service company assets, and develops and implements processes for qualifying critical parts.
6. Communicates corporate and maintenance goals to the Maintenance department through staff meetings and responds to feedback and concerns generated by the Maintenance staff.
7. Supports corporate goals and maintains a safe work environment to ensure the lowest possible accident rate among their staff.
High school diploma or GED, with prior experience in maintenance-related trade and some supervisory experience.
Previous pharmaceutical industry experience and understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, and 5S processes preferred.
Demonstrated understanding of different continuous improvement techniques and ability to utilize appropriate tools to guide and derive root causes.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and excellent interpersonal skills, including good oral and written communication skills, and previous experience using computers.
Ability to handle and resolve conflicts and maintain confidentially.
From its beginnings as a packager of generic home remedies in 1887, Allegan, Michigan-based Perrigo Company has grown to become a leading...