The Senior Technical Support Engineer (STSE) serves the organization as a subject matter expert providing the highest level of technical support on products and services to field engineers and customers. STSEs serve as subject matter experts for the PPT organization and are highly proficient in their abilities related to multiple and specific platforms: they have an overall strong understanding of networking along with knowledge of OEM and industry specific tools and techniques. In addition to working on issue resolution they provide research/development for new services and products, pre-sales support and prospect evaluations, and conduct internal training for department staff and Field Engineers. The Technical Support Engineer has the capacity to maintain multiple ranges of server and storage lines; he/she may primarily focus on complex platforms at the Enterprise level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides highest level of technical support as required, to field engineers and customer end users, from remote problem identification, troubleshooting, diagnostics and repair strategy, through resolution on a 7x24 hour basis.
- Conducts post-mortems with Field Service (and Support) Engineers and customers to review resolved issues and prevent reoccurrences
- Provides bridge support to Customer Support Analysts on open problem resolution
- Develops troubleshooting, operating and diagnostic procedures across multiple platforms
- Creates and reviews knowledgebase technical solutions, revised processes, and technical documentation
- Maintains and configures various operating systems and hardware configurations
- Identifies and deploys tools to manage specific systems support for a break/fix
- Conducts and works with pre-sales support and prospect evaluations to determine if the company can support prospects as defined by prospects requirements/expectations
- Develops service plans for technical support: conducts research; creates and reviews documentation; creates infrastructure of test beds for development and analysis; develops and maintains internal test hardware and platforms
- Evaluates system specifications and installation parameters in order to make recommendations and implement support solutions
- Prepares and conducts product and technical training for Field Service (and Support) Engineers, sales staff and PPT partners
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Associates degree or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school in related field (i.e. Computer Science, Information Technology), Bachelors degree preferred
Certifications or Licenses
- Minimum seven to ten (7-10) years related experience working with multiple platforms, or equivalent experience working with specific platform based on company need
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a professional and consultative manner with customers, management and platform vendor support requirements
- Expert working knowledge of specific operating environments, connectivity and networks
- Proven ability to effectively mentor and guide others in resolving complex technical data center hardware issues
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Vendor certifications are a plus -may be required for specific platform needs
- Must possess a valid drivers license and an appropriate driving record based on the position requirements.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, vendors, customers, and/or the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Other: High aptitude in trouble shooting and effectively communicating information and solutions to others. Works well in high pressure situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Long periods of time sitting at a desk (daily)
- Manual dexterity to operate computers, related hardware and general office equipment, such as phone, fax/copier/scanner
- Frequent reaching, pulling and pushing with hands and arms
- Lifting of up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to speak and hear adequately
- Clear vision at close and mid distances
- Occasional driving
- Up to 25% travel
Park Place Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
- Office environment (controlled climate)
- Occasional travel by car, plane or bus
Park Place Technologies - 2 years ago
Park Place is focused on delivering client centric data center hardware maintenance. When data center equipment passes its original...