As the Coffee Buyer , your role will include ordering, replenishing, and merchandising coffee products. You will have some discretion regarding quantity and product selection, and will be empowered to source some products from local vendors. Additionally you will work to maintain attractive department displays and supporting the regional vision. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
- Ensure the customers are well taken care of and the department looks great at all times. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
- Order all coffee products, maintaining adequate back stock levels.
- Process invoices and returns.
- Maximize sales potential through effective and proper procedures for stocking product.
- Complete spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets as required.
- Request and ensure proper signage.
- Assist in training of new Team Members, utilizing all learning checklists and training materials.
- Keep the department clean, sweep floors and maintain sweep logs.
- Help to achieve and exceed margin and sales targets.
- Control spoilage/shrink; achieve turn goals; participate in monthly inventory.
- Follows and complies with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adheres to safe work practices.
- Operates and sanitizes all Specialty equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Answers department telephone calls and pages quickly and with excellent phone etiquette.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of a department Team Member.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Minimum one year professional coffee experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of coffee and specialty products.
- A desire to grow with the Team.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to sell proactively and communicate effectively with customers.
- Capable of teaching others in a constructive and positive manner.
- A desire to learn about natural and organic foods and products.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant...