Job Posting |
Current opening for an Associate Project Manager within our Early Clinical Development Team.
As an Assistant Project Manager you will:
• Assist in the cross-unit coordination both internal and external, inclusive of sub-contractors, for projects utilizing one or more Covance Services or sites.
• Assist in the management and tracking of project resource needs and contribute to contingency planning for key resources.
• Assist in the successful design, implementation, tracking and revision of project plans for assigned projects.
• Serve as client primary contact for areas assigned by Project Managers (PM), Senior Project Manager (SPM), or Project Director (PD).
• Assist in the leadership of the core project team, including CRAs, as directed by PM/SPM/PD to facilitate their ability to lead extended/complete project team including the maintenance of timelines in MS Project, creation of PowerPoint presentations and storyboards and maintenance and escalation of items in ADI log.
• Contribute to the effective teamwork among project team members within Covance departments and offices.
• Contribute to improvements to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed on assigned projects.
• Meet/exceed client satisfaction expectations.
• Assist in ensuring that all staff allocated to assigned projects adheres to professional standards and SOPs.
• Provide performance feedback of team members to respective supervisors.
• Interpret billing guidelines for functional area.
• Follow defined project issue escalation process and Covance’s Corrective Action Issue Resolution (CAIR) process.
• Under direction of PM/SPM/PD, identify and assess risks and maintain associated documentation.
• Under direction of PM/SPM/PD, track project progress against financial milestones using applicable financial systems.
• Develop and maintain relationships with assigned clients.
• Contribute and participate in the delivery of presentations for new business, as required.
• Track client project metrics.
• Participate in internal project review meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• University/college degree (life science preferred), or certification in a related allied health profession (i.e. nursing, medical or laboratory technology) from an appropriately accredited institution.
• In lieu of the above requirement, candidates with five (5) or more years of relevant clinical research experience in pharmaceutical, CRO industries or experience in a health care setting will be considered.
• Thorough knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including a basic understanding of regulatory requirements in other countries.
• Thorough understanding of the drug development process.
• Working knowledge of Covance SOPs.
• Experience as a Senior Clinical Research Associate, whether internal or external.
• Minimum of four (4) years of relevant clinical research monitoring experience (including pre-study, initiation, routine monitoring and closeout visits).
• In lieu of the above requirements, candidates with > five (5) years supervisory experience in a health care setting and four (4) years clinical research experience (including monitoring) in the pharmaceutical or CRO industries will be considered.
• In lieu of the above requirements, candidates with five (5) years of site management and/or study/project coordinator experience will be considered.
• Comprehensive understanding of Serious Adverse Event (SAE) reporting, process production of reports, narratives and follow up of SAEs.
• Comprehensive understanding of both site monitoring and study site management requirements.
• Comprehensive understanding of applicable regional regulatory requirements.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Good planning and organization skills.
• Good computer skills with good working knowledge of a range of computer packages.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to lead and develop junior staff.
• Ability to understand and work with financial information.
• Ability to resolve project-related problems and prioritizes workload for self and team.
• Ability to work within a project team.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a matrix environment.
• 1+ years additional experience in a related field (i.e. medical, clinical, pharmaceutical, laboratory, research, data analysis, data management or technical writing) is preferred.
• Local project coordination and/or project management experience.
Because of our passion and drive, Covance attracts the kind of people whose contribution has resulted in our exceptional growth. Once a part of our talented team, our employees stay at Covance to work in an environment that encourages career development, allows them to work alongside respected colleagues on challenging projects and provides a diverse global culture.
There is no better time to join us!
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance - 22 months ago
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...