TASC is seeking a Deputy General Counsel. The position reports to the General Counsel in the TASC Law Department and will provide primary legal support for TASC operations.
Bachelor’s degree and law degree from accredited law school.
Minimum of 7 years of professional experience.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Strong background in all areas of government contracts, knowledge of FAR and DFARS.
Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; ability to work well with other employees and obtain and maintain the confidence of management at all levels.
Ability to adapt quickly and work well under pressure in a fast-paced, challenging environment, balancing competing priorities.
Ability to operate independently, with minimal supervision.
Familiarity with employment law, commercial transactions, intellectual property, licensing, privacy laws, and/or international transactions is a plus.
Specific Job Description
Responsibilities for the position include:
• Provide legal support and representation in matters that affect the company, which may include government contracts and subcontracts, compliance with laws and regulations, litigation and disputes, bid protests, cost accounting, employment law, intellectual property, commercial transactions, licensing, and mergers and acquisitions.
• Advise senior management on all aspects of federal procurement, work with management to develop and implement business strategies while addressing legal and contractual requirements.
• Work may include, among other things, providing counsel on government contracts and subcontracts; drafting and negotiating commercial agreements; advising on teaming and strategic relationships; advising on cost accounting and contract and legal/regulatory compliance; handling bid protests, internal investigations, and disputes; conducting due diligence and drafting and negotiating M&A-related agreements.
• Proactively monitor issues and events in government contracting, prepare and conduct training on various legal issues.
• Partner with Contracts staff, Human Resources, Finance and other company functions on compliance and reporting needs and other matters.
• Manage outside counsel in various areas, including litigation, employment law and real estate.
Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance highly desired. Applicants without a current clearance but who are deemed to be eligible to obtain one also will be considered and must be willing to undergo a government security investigation.
TASC - 30+ days ago
Founded in 1966, TASC, Inc., helps solve complex national security and public safety challenges by providing advanced systems engineering, i...