INSTRUCTOR, CULINARY ARTS
CLOSING DATE : Until Filled
NATURE OF WORK :
Under the supervision of the Associate Dean, Business and Information Technology Division, to teach associate degree students enrolled in the Culinary Arts program. Teaching assignments will include laboratory and lecture, instruction in culinary arts, and various other technical, support, and elective courses. Related duties include requisitioning food service supplies, keeping an orderly and clean food lab, classroom management, updating and developing student advising and curriculum, program assessment, program development, recruiting students, and attendance at department and committee meetings
1. Must have Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree (Hospitality-related desired) with five (5) years industry-related experience relevant to position, OR
2. Must have Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree and Associate of Applied Science degree in Culinary Arts with five (5) years industry- related experience relevant to position posted.
3. American Culinary Federation Certification preferred.
4. Must have valid NRA Serv-Safe Certification with a score of 90% or better.
5. One (1) year teaching experience desired in area of culinary arts
6. Must meet State of Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) instruction certification requirements. WTCS Certification Requirements Summary
7. 7. Must meet Higher Learning Commission (HLC) standards (if applicable).
8. Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social and educational background.
9. Teaching – Must embrace and demonstrate the MATC Core Abilities and Standards of Teaching Excellence in development and delivery of instruction.
10. Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
11. Must be able to communicate effectively with staff and students through both oral and written means.
12. Teaching – Must embrace and demonstrate the MATC Core Abilities and Standards of Teaching Excellence in development and delivery of instruction.
MATC Core Abilities
Standards of Teaching Excellence
- Communicate effectively
- Collaborate with others
- Respect diversity
- Demonstrate responsibility
- Think critically and creatively
- Utilize technology
- Apply math and science
- Demonstrate environmental responsibility
- Embrace change
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Understanding Students and Fostering Student Success
- Classroom Management
- Content Mastery and Currency
- Teaching Methodology
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Professional Contributions
1. Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodation
2. Ability to sit or stand for class duration with or without accommodation
ESSENTIAL TECHNOLOGY :
1. Email - Experience with an Email system (GroupWise, Outlook, Gmail…)
2. Telephone - Experience with a voice mail system
3. Computer - Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
SUPPORTIVE TECHNOLOGY :
Experience with or willingness to learn the following supportive technologies:
1. Online Information Management Systems - Experience with INFOnline or other online information management systems used for student advising, student programs, grading, class schedules and rosters
2. Blackboard - Experience with Blackboard or other web-based course - management systems
3. Technology-based Instruction - Experience with technology-based instructional delivery systems including SMART symposium, interactive touch screen monitors, LCD projectors, DVD players and/or other classroom technology
4. Emerging Technologies - Experience with emerging technologies (eg. social networking applications)
5. (Optional) Distance Learning Instruction - Experience with on-line, two-way video, ITV, and other methods of distance learning instruction
Salary is based upon education and experience. A Master’s Degree with three years of related experience would gross an approximate hourly salary of $38.99
Milwaukee Area Technical College - 20 months ago
Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) is not just for techies. The two-year college offers about 200 degree, diploma, certificate, and...