Oversee the launch of a product from initiation to production, utilizing team members and various resources to ensure complete customer satisfaction. Oversee the development and implementation of engineering changes internally, while acting as the engineering window person between design and manufacturing. II. Essential Job Functions:
Direct new project toward desired business results through coordination of SPD process, including project profitability, development and approval of project plans.
Monitor project activities for compliance with company procedures, conformation to project scope and follow scope change, notification and approval.
Conflict resolution, priority setting, risk assessment and planning within SPD process guidelines
Act as customer liaison, preparing and reviewing program status with customer. Direct team to achieve overall customer satisfaction, negotiating requirements of the customer.
Conduct reviews for: tooling, assemblies, fixtures, designs, supplier readiness, lessons learned, cost targets, profit margin, investment, piece price, manufacturing readiness and production piece manufacturing.
Create countermeasures and make suggestions when gap appears between plan and actual results.
Approve purchase orders for materials, components, tooling, services, equipment and design relating to new projects.
Interface with launch team regarding production plans, training, instructions, PPAP, prototyping, quality standards, trial build schedules, in-process and inspection equipment, product and investment costs and kaizen activities.
New supplier development and launch preparation.
Review and assist in preparing KPI and communicating performance reviews.
Participate in project reviews and preparation meetings with customer to address quality issues and show support as a proactive supplier, representing TBA in a professional manner.
Perform supplier evaluations including: audits, low and high volume trials and prototype builds.
Initiate TBA Executive Reporting of program status.
Minimum Qualifications/Requirements :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of automotive project management experience (preferably automotive interiors).
- Minimum of eight (8) years of leadership or supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge and experience with TPS and Production Efficiency (PEFF) system preferred.
- Strong organization, time management, and planning skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- A high degree of diplomacy and discretion regarding customer and team member communications and information.
- Ability to multi-task, handle diversity and provide leadership through problem resolution.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong ability to work and utilize resources and tools in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Excellent problem solving and people skills.
- Ability work with a dynamic team and demanding customer(s).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
Work Environment/Conditions :
Office: Open Office Environment, moderate noise level. Plant: Standard automotive plant environment with moderate noise level. PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, steel toe shoes, hearing protection, etc. may be required in engineering, manufacturing, or industrial areas. Personal attire standards may apply. Travel: Must be willing to travel up to 10-20% of the time.
- Solid working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, see, and hear. The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing and is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds. Disclaimer: This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. To qualify for this job, however, a team member must be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between TBA and any team member. EOE
Toyota Boshoku - 20 months ago
Toyota Boshoku wants to make your car ride more comfortable. The company develops auto interior components, including seats, fabric goods,...