J&J Worldwide Services is currently seeking qualified personnel that are interested in being employed at our Guam, Andersen AFB location, this posting is for bidding purposes, the contact has not been awarded at this time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Shall be responsible for administering the Contractor's Safety Program and ensuring subcontractors adhere to safety policies, and Government rules, regulations and law.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
• The Safety Manager must have a Bachelor's degree in Safety, Industrial, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Health Physics, Fire Prevention Engineering, or other related engineering or scientific fields, based on a four-year course of study from a U.S. accredited college, university or equivalent institution.
• Equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree at the discretion of the Government.
• The quality, extent and applicability of the experience will be considered. In addition, the Safety Manager shall be a Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
• The Safety Manager should have at least five years experience as a Safety Engineer or Safety and Occupational Health Management Specialist in multi-function base operations support.
• Equivalent experience gained by performing specialized work in a closely related professional occupation such as Industrial Hygiene, Industrial Engineer, Health Physics, Fire Prevention Engineering and other engineering and scientific fields may be substituted at the discretion of the Government.
• Prior management experience is mandatory.
• The Safety Manager shall have completed five years of satisfactory experience in preparing and enforcing safety programs on contracts of similar size and complexity in the past, and have completed the OSHA 30-hour construction safety class or equivalent within the last five years and an average of at least 24 hours of safety training per year for the past five years.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
J&J Maintenance (doing business as J&J Worldwide Services) is a government contractor providing base operation and support services...