Dell Quest Software - Strategic Account Manager - Rocky Mountain Region
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We currently seek a Strategic Account Manager to join our Dell Quest Software team to cover key accounts in the Rocky Mountain Region.
The Strategic Account Manager proactively identifies and solves customer business problems by providing subject matter expertise and by using higher complexity product and services lines to create solutions.
- Manages a territory or group of accounts to ensure opportunities are identified and closed.
- Attains volume objectives.
- Refers leads beyond the scope of this job to other sellers within the organization.
- Usually assigned an overlay or shared quota.
- Deployed against qualified opportunities.
- Customarily and regularly engaged at customer/client facilities and delivers high impact presentations leveraging strong technical skills.
- Understands and communicates technology roadmaps and vision and associated technical advantages of the proposed solution.
- Recommends product and service configurations to assist with overall system design and integration.
- At this level, supports highly complex opportunities. Works off an overlay quota.
- Gains access and manages relationships with senior level technical personnel and decision makers.
- Demonstrates the value of a product and/or service technology to advance customer’s business objectives.
- Investigates matters of significance discovered by other product specialists to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed to address current and potential problems.
- Provides insight and thought leadership to customers concerning applicability of highly complex products and service technologies.
- Uncovers critical processes and validates operational strengths and challenges within the customer’s environment.
- Analyzes and applies industry, competitor and market knowledge to positive value of Dell solution.
- Leverages third party/channel expertise to position the overall value of the Dell solution.
- Serves as lead to other product specialists or cross functional technical groups.
- Expert level professional, complete understanding of Dell’s technology, and product and services portfolio.
- Leveraged as coach/mentor to others.
- Provides customer/industry/market insight to internal leaders and cross-functional groups.
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience with successful strategic account management in the territory.
- Expert knowledge of technical products, vendors, and families of technologies.
- Expert knowledge of product configurations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel, and leadership.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...