145861 - Wilton, CT
Serves as manager for office support staff and is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the office. Responsible for all tasks associated with managing the office support functions.
- Hire, train, coach, supervise and evaluate the administrative support staff for the office. Ensure the efficient and effective operation of the sales administration function for the office.
- Update all managers in the branch office as needed on any additions or changes in established company policies and procedures. Assist all branch office associates in answering questions regarding benefits, insurance, company policies and procedures, payroll schedules, etc.
- Conduct or ensure all new associate orientations are conducted and that new associates complete all new-hire paperwork. Update all managers in the branch as needed on all employment-related office support procedures.
- Make salary and bonus recommendations for office support associates.
- Assign all office support responsibilities for the branch. Continuously monitor workloads and reassign lines as needed.
- Establish work schedules, approve timesheets and complete the Payroll Recap for all office support associates.
- Evaluate the office support required by the various lines represented by the branch.
- Participate in branch meetings as needed to present new policies and procedures and to address associates questions.
- Maintain a bulletin board with all required state and federal legal posters displayed.
- Communicate computer-related limitations or needs.
- Maintain the job posting system for the branch including both the receipt and posting of all openings as well as assisting the hiring manager in the completion and distribution of all job openings to other offices.
- Complete all Notice of Injury Forms for any branch associate with an on-the-job injury and forward completed forms to Human Resources. Ensue all managers and supervisors in the branch understand their responsibility in immediately reporting all job-related injuries.
- Maintain a supply of all preprinted forms used by the branch including Expense Report Forms, Leave of Absence Forms, Retail Timesheets, etc., and distribute to associates as needed.
- Review monthly long distance bills by project code and advise appropriate managers of any charges which appear to be excessive or out-of-line. Assign all long distance project account codes and maintain a record of all current codes in use. Advise the long distance carrier of all current project account codes so that the associate’s name will appear on the bill along with their long distance usage.
- Review and approve invoices for the branch and forward to Corporate Accounting for timely payment.
- Coordinate the sending and receiving of mail for the branch ensuring timeliness and cost efficiency. Monitor the branch’s use of overnight deliveries by utilizing a log of all overnight deliveries. Ensure that any reimbursable deliveries are identified and also develop procedures to log the time-of-receipt for all overnight deliveries received and request refunds for those which arrive late.
- Manage the petty cash account for the branch and submit the reconciled Monthly Petty Cash Disbursement Report.
- Submit all Check Request Forms as needed on behalf of the branch.
- Manage all requests for information received from Corporate and ensure a timely, accurate and complete response.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies and purchase supplies as needed to replenish inventories.
- Monitor the operation of all office equipment including mail machine, fax machine(s), copiers, printers, PCs and schedule all repairs and maintenance as needed.
- Administer the Voice Mail System including all system maintenance and problem solving as well as training all new users.
- Monitor all equipment repair bills and periodically evaluate the cost effectiveness of maintenance agreements versus our current pay-as-you-go policy. Monitor all existing equipment leases for the branch and coordinate any needed replacements.
- Oversee all building maintenance services which includes both janitorial services as well as lawn care. Ensure that we are providing a well-maintained building for our associates at an affordable cost.
- Perform special assignments for the company and/or branch as needed.
- May manage the office support staff at more than one location/branch.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Prior food broker experience as an Office Manager is strongly preferred. Prior supervisor experience in sales administration with a food manufacturer will also be considered.
- Proven management experience in supervising a clerical or administrative staff. Prior experience must demonstrate the ability to successfully manage a wide variety of administrative tasks.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organization and administrative skills. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and must be able to make an effective and professional presentation. Must present a professional image and be able to represent the company in a professional manner.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with others. Must be able to operate a calculator, computer, printer, fax machine, telephone, copier, shredder, paper cutter and postage machine.
- Must have prior successful experience utilizing a variety of PC software packages including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus, Harvard Graphics, Windows and DOS
Acosta Sales & Marketing - 30+ days ago