Internews Europe & Internews Network, sister non-profit organizations with a consistent mission, plan to hold discussions to consider possible future operating models, including consideration of models enabling greater integration of the two organizations.
Scope of Work:
- To provide technical expertise in relation to possible future operating models, including consideration of models enabling greater integration of the two organisations.
- Provide a detailed analysis into the macro and micro factors of each model and their respective implications for the principals.
- Other factors of consideration include but are not limited to:
- Legality & Board governance structures
- Executive leadership & management
- Fundraising & development
- Program management & design
- Operations and risk management
- Innovation & learning
- Communication & branding
- Balance & culture.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance in relation to the methodology and process of integration upon agreement of a recommended model to be implemented by the principals within an agreed timeframe.
- Advise and assist the principals to design overall objectives, process and timeframes for undertaking the agreed scope of work.
- Undertake and oversee research into possible operating models used by other organisations that the principals may wish to consider, and other ad-hoc research as deemed necessary during the process as and when specified by the principles.
- Provide the necessary analytical information and insight before and after the integration workshops.
- Provide a preliminary analysis of possible operating models to the principals for consideration. Present, explain and discuss these operating models with the principals, using examples and diagrams where possible.
- Carry out detailed work to investigate an agreed number of possible operating models agreed by the principals. Present, and discuss this work to the principals.
- Once an agreement has been reached on the way forward, work with the principals to develop the specifics of the agreed operating model that the principals have agreed to adopt, including developing an appropriate change management strategy as required.
- As necessary, at all stages in the process, liaise with legal counsel or other professional bodies in order to understand further technical matters that may have a bearing on discussions and/or possible outcomes as and when specified and agreed by the principals.
- To attend meeting in either Washington DC or London.
- Work in co-ordination with the Facilitator: Inter-organizational Planning and to familiarise themselves with the terms of reference for the Facilitator.
- Several years’ experience in successfully advising in relation to M&A (Horizontal Mergers) for multinationals and/or non-profit organisations.
- Experience of advising international NGOs and familiarity with international NGO governance models is essential.
- Knowledge of both UK & US operating environments and cultures would be a distinct advantage.