Assoc Director, IT Communications-GLO000267
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Associate Director, Information Technology Communications, is responsible for developing and delivering strategic internal and external communications to advance the goals of the CIO and his Leadership Team. Global in scope, this role will require innovative, high level presentation development skills and storytelling capabilities for internal and external audiences.
- Assists in the development of internal and external communications strategies for the CIO.
- Develops internal communications and external speaking engagement materials - meeting presentations, multi-media, scripts, key messages, talking points and executive perspectives.
- Proactively identify and support communications opportunities for the organization, including speaking engagements, conference appearances, and media relations opportunities, in partnership with Global Communications colleagues.
- Liaise with appropriate senior leaders, including Communications and Investor Relations COEs, as needed to provide appropriate perspective to communication efforts.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business or related field required. Master's degree preferred
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in a communications role focused on employee communications, executive communications and media relations.
- A proven track record in executive communications
- Innovative, high level presentation development skills and storytelling capabilities for executive level communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Strong business acumen combined with a fluency in topical news and culture
- Ability to develop relationships at all levels of an organization and across functions.
- The ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, environment
- Demonstrated success working with senior executives
- Natural curiosity and a desire to do things differently.
- Experience in leveraging digital channels and working knowledge of Information Technology preferred.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes ted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Job: Global Policy/Communications Generic
Job Title : Associate Director
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Summit, NA-US-NJ-Branchburg, NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Merck & Co. - 18 months ago
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The pharmaceutical giant's...