Athol Savings Bank, a mutual savings bank with 8 offices, is seeking a Branch Operations Supervisor, for one of our busiest offices. We offer excellent career opportunities to qualified individuals along with competitive salaries and a great benefit package, including but not limited to, health and dental insurance, 401(k) and pension plans, education reimbursement and career advance opportunities.
Branch Operations Supervisor
Performs a broad variety of customer services responsibilities such as opening new checking, savings, certificates of deposit, and I.R.A. accounts. Cross-sells services, performs a variety of account maintenance, cashes U. S. Savings Bonds, and assists customers with their ATM cards. P erforms all teller functions as well as other duties requiring additional knowledge and experience, such as processing clerical work through the area, and supervises and assists tellers in daily activities as well as with complex balancing, resolving problems and other situations as required.
Responsibilities, and Duties:
- Represents the bank to the customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Furnishes prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Answers telephone by third ring, giving assistance to requests for routine information or directs inquiries to proper people or departments.
- Utilizes tact and experienced-based knowledge to answer questions and solve problems for customers and bank staff concerning all services provided by the bank by listening to problems, collecting data, securing answers, and reporting results to the inquiring party.
- Assists the branch manager in the training of branch personnel in all new and updated procedures.
- Performs all teller functions, such as processing deposits, withdrawals, cashing checks, processing loan payments, etc.
- Assists all other tellers in balancing daily transactions, proving incoming cash shipments, and ensures that the branch balances all transactions at the close of each business day and that the daily recap is completed.
- Maintains adequate levels of vault cash and coin including ATM vault.
- Supervises completion of daily logs and preparation of reports.
- Pulls teller transaction totals on a weekly basis to be sent to the accounting department.
- Coordinates branch balancing of ATM in those branches offering ATM services.
- Maintains appropriate logs concerning ATM balancing.
- Actively cross-sells all the bank’s services and opens new accounts, revocable trust accounts, and various savings, certificates of deposit and checking account programs available, explaining options such as single and joint ownership.
- Gathers needed information from the customer, prepares all paperwork and assists the customer in the signing of documents necessary to process new accounts.
- Opens tax-deferred I.R.A. accounts, including acquainting the customer with various legal requirements, gathering necessary information, and preparing the documents.
- Prepares teller transaction tickets for account opening.
- Processes new accounts via on-line teller terminal establishing base and trailer information.
- Inputs file maintenance information, such as placing and removing temporary signature card holds, multiple signatures required holds, death of an account holder cautions, etc.
- Checks for accuracy all internal records generated on new accounts opened, performs a variety of clerical duties which require knowledge of departmental procedures.
- Takes applications for ATM cards and forwards to Deposit Operations for processing.
- Opens safe deposit box accounts, obtaining necessary data and signatures. Collects initial rent payment and sets up records for maintaining billing system for box rentals.
- Updates customer safe deposit box information as needed, allows customer access to boxes, and closes safe deposit box accounts as required.
- Performs notary public services.
- Accepts and signs for deliveries according to established procedure.
- Assists the manager in all phases of branch operation.
- Performs other duties, both related and unrelated, as required.
- Must be able to recognize irregular or suspicious transactions. Establishes proper identification of new customer, decides whether to accept account, and determines need and extent of reference investigation; as well as be able to recognize opportunities to sell additional services, and create a desire for same, using good judgment in their application.
Qualified applicants may send resumes to Bonnie L. Bassett, Sr. VP Human Resource, Athol Savings Bank, 444 Main Street, Athol MA 01331 or email@example.com
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have sound knowledge of the laws pertaining to estates, trusts, fiduciaries, businesses, etc.
- Interpersonal and communication skills and full knowledge of all banking services to be able to sell the bank’s services aggressively.
- The interpersonal skills necessary to relate to and empathize with other people and to maintain a friendly, cheerful, and courteous demeanor.
- At least one to two years of progressively responsible banking experience to acquire broad knowledge of bank operations, policies, state and government regulations, general business and supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of teller operations to answer questions and resolve problems and on-line teller terminal and other standard office equipment.
Monster - 9 months ago
At Athol Savings Bank our motto is "proud of our past; focused on the future". In today's economy, it is unusual, particularly for...