• Experience with electric motors, pumps and valves used to regulate water flow
• Ability to operate agitators and valves to filter water
• Strong knowledge of chemicals (chlorine, ammonia, disinfectants, etc.)
• Experience repairing and maintaining industry machines and equipment
• Past experience utilizing colorimeters, turbidimeters and conductivity meters
• T3 Public Water Treatment System License may be required
• Availability to work flexible hours if needed
PRIDE Industries is a fast paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently seeking a Water Treatment Plant Operator to join our outstanding team.
This position controls treatment plant machines and equipment to purify and clarify water for human consumption and for industrial use. This person operates and controls electric motors, pumps, and valves to regulate flow of raw water into treating plant and dumps specified amounts of chemicals such as chlorine, ammonia and lime into water or adjusts automatic devices that admit specified amounts of chemicals into tanks to disinfect, deodorize and clarify water. Duties also entails starting agitators to mix chemicals and allow impurities to settle to bottom of tank, turns valves to regulate water through filter beds to remove impurities, pumps purified water into water mains, monitors panel board and adjusts controls to regulator flow rates, loss of head pressure and water elevation and distribution of water.
Responsibilities for this position include but may not be limited to the following:
• Clean tanks and filter beds using backwashing (reverse flow of water)
• Repair and lubricate machines and equipment using hand and power tools
• Test water samples for acidity, color and impurities using colorimeter, turbidimeter and conductivity meter
• Perform dumping of chemicals into tanks to coagulate impurities and reduce acidity
• Record data such as residual content of chemicals, water turbidity and water pressure
• Operate portable water-purification plant to supply drinking water and purify wastewater from plant preparatory and/or to pump water into rivers, streams or city mains
• Maintain necessary records and documentation
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
The qualified candidate will have good communication and interpersonal skills necessary to build good client relationships and to work well in a team-oriented environment. The ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities are required.
PRIDE Industries provides outstanding benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K, vacation and sick pay as well as a competitive salary. If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply here and include your resume, references and salary requirements. PRIDE Industries is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to affirmative action, work-force diversity and a drug-free working environment. View our website to learn more!
PRIDE Industries - 2 years ago
PRIDE Industries, one of the nation's largest employers of people with disabilities, provides a selection of outsourcing solutions to meet...