REPORTS TO: District Manager
SUPERVISES: Store staff
Responsible for all aspects of store management, including generating sales and profit while controlling expenses and inventory, personnel acquisition and development, maintaining visual standards and building the AE brand.
- Control and impact sales through strong MOD presence.
- Achieve pre-determined payroll budgets using the payroll ladder
- Achieve company KPI standards.
- Achieve store shrinkage goals.
- Direct responsibility for maintaining and protecting the stores physical location.
- Responsible for proper and timely accounting of all cash flow.
- Responsible for the proper and timely entering of new hire and separation paperwork into storenet.
- Responsible for ensuring that a separating associate receives their final wages in accordance with applicable state law.
- Maintain operational and loss prevention self audits on a monthly basis.
- Establish store and individual sales goals, communicate goals and monitor achievement of goals.
- Promote and motivate staff for company contests.
- Demonstrate Sales Leadership by setting the example to all members of the management and selling team, reinforcing the selling culture.
- Communicate to District Manager any information regarding the mall or competitors that could impact Company business.
- Communicate to District Manager unusual situations, personnel issues, merchandise needs and operational concerns.
- Assist in the organization of work requirements and plan schedules to achieve.
- Resolve customer service/satisfaction concerns.
- Conduct weekly management meetings.
- Interact with customers, competitors and mall management to maintain a positive public image of the Company.
- Recruit, interview and hire sales staff.
- Source and recruit Store Manager Associate Manager and Assistant Manager candidates and propose recommendation to District Manager.
- Recommend rate of pay to District Manager for sales staff members.
- Schedule and conduct or delegate and monitor the training of employees using current training materials.
- Establish and maintain a diverse work force in store.
- Conduct 100% of required training for Assistant Manager, Keyholder, and all associates.
- Identifies unacceptable work performance and behaviors and takes steps to correct through appropriate counseling process.
- Assess employee work results, writes performance appraisals and recommend merit increases.
- Support and communicate Building the Brand strategies to sales staff members.
- Ensure proper merchandise presentation is maintained as directed by Regional Visual Manager and District Manager.
- Supervise merchandise inventories.
- Possess a training knowledge of Staffworks, POS register, thermal printer and other related hardware.
- Uphold backroom presentation standards.
- Secures Company assets/property and maintains loss prevention standards.
- Assist with selling, cashiering, and stocking when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervise, train, develop and discipline hourly associates.
- Store operations.
AEO, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer.
- Minimum high school education or equivalent. Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years retail store management experience or equivalent education.
- Outlet experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- PC skills helpful.
American Eagle Outfitters - 2 years ago
The frozen assets of other companies mean big business for Frozen Food Express Industries, one of the largest temperature-controlled truckin...