Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and maintains piping and piping systems and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and industrial processing systems.
Reads, studies and interprets job specifications, plans and blue prints. Uses basic math skills including geometry, trigonometry to make calculations for work. Can complete difficult job tasks according to job specifications with minimal or no supervision.
1. Reads studies and interprets job specifications, plans and blueprints to gain understanding of work to be done.
2. Selects type and size of pipe and related materials needed for each job.
3. Inspects work site to determine presence of obstructions and to make sure holes cut out for pipe will not cause structural weakness.
4. Plans sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers.
5. Cuts, grinds, threads and bends pipe according to job specifications.
6. Assembles and installs a variety of metal and non-metal pipe and fittings.
7. Joins pipe and secures to structure with clamps, brackets and hangers.
8. Tests piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges.
9. Operates fire extinguisher and safety shower and other tools/equipment necessary to perform work.
10. Uses basic math skills including geometry and trigonometry to make calculations for work.
11. Ability to read and utilize Pipefitter’s Blue Book.
4 Years pipefitting experience + Pass NCCER Assessment in craft + Presently "A" class + Complete Hands On List
Pala Group, L.L.C - 12 months ago
Pala is dedicated to providing the highest standards in construction services for leading energy, process, and manufacturing firms in the...