The ideal Packaging Equipment Specialist will:
• Generate packaging and material handling equipment sales by working
with customers and professional sales force.
• Execute sales and marketing programs around Packaging Equipment, which
will contribute to achieving the objectives for the Kansas City &
Wichita, KS markets.
• Conduct equipment demonstrations and material tests on equipment.
• Lead the activities for training the sales force and service
technicians on new technologies and functionalities with regard to
packaging equipment and automation systems.
• Generate packaging equipment and material handling solutions by
conducting plant surveys and specifying the proper equipment to meet
• Build strong relationships with plant engineers, operation leaders and
equipment buyers with existing and new customers.
• Create accurate plant layouts and conceptual drawings for projects
that require a higher degree of engineering than an equipment
• Follow company guidelines to develop, maintain and build supplier
relationships that grow the overall packaging program.
• Identify opportunities in all areas of packaging and provide solutions
that contribute to the sales and profit generated from existing and
• Create professional grade proposals.
• Financial & ROI justifications of projects for customers .
• Attend as directed, company programs that enhance the profitability of
• Maintain an awareness of marketplace opportunities, trends, changes
and threats to the success of xpedx.
• Participate in trade shows and equipment related activities.
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
• Requires 25-40% regional travel.
• Packaging Distribution or Manufacturing experience preferred
• Ability to utilize AutoCAD very beneficial
• PC Software – Microsoft Office – Proficiency required
• Must have thorough understanding of the packaging and material
• Knowledge of packaging materials and interaction with machinery
• Functional Experience – Packaging Equipment Solutions Experience – 3
• Problem Solving skills
• Project management skills
• Proposal creation with technical writing skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential.
• Good interpersonal and conflict management skills are essential.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred; equivalent experience will be
International Paper - 2 years ago
For International Paper (IP), business is a global paper chase. It is one of the world's largest manufacturers of printing papers....