Instructor - Health Care, Dental - H
Instructor - Health Care, Dental - H
Use your professional expertise to engage, instruct, and inspire
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity with a robust company committed to changing students’ lives and doing the right thing, Corinthian Colleges, Inc. is the place for you. As one of the largest post-secondary education companies in North America, we are on the cutting edge of the industry and forging ahead into a new era of leadership, growth, and innovation. We currently operate more than 100 campuses through Everest College, WyoTech, and Heald College and are dedicated to delivering on the promise to our students. At CCi you’ll work with impassioned employees and have the support you need to make great things possible.
Become a valued member of our Faculty at Everest College and discover a more rewarding way to leverage your professional expertise. Part coach, part counselor, part entertainer, and 100% advocate for your students, you will provide a dynamic training environment where everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential. You will utilize a variety of instructional techniques and delivery methods to bring our curriculum to life for your students.
At Everest College and Corinthian Colleges, Inc., we’re in the business of changing students’ lives. As a member of our faculty, you’re in the position to make it happen.
General Job Description:
Provide quality delivery of assigned courses using the appropriate method including teaching, tutoring, and lecturing in compliance with Everest’s company policies, procedures, and regulatory/legal requirements. Responsible for administration of an assigned course of study within a diploma/certificate program by planning, overseeing, and evaluating the activities of students in the assigned academic program.
Plan, prepare and deliver quality classroom instruction in lecture and or laboratory format based on the approved curricula
• Select and utilize a variety of approved course materials and teaching methods - using lectures, demonstrations, laboratory experiments, discussion groups, clinic sessions, and seminars - to insure the needs of the individual students are met in the program
• Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance policies
• Deliver communications on school policy, financial aid, and academics based on management direction
• Manage classroom teaching conditions and environment through active instructor presence in order to promote positive classroom discipline and control, timely class meetings, and appropriate use of furniture and equipment
• Provide students academic support and advice and refer them for additional assistance as required; tutor if necessary and provide other assistance as needed
• Motivate students by demonstrating sensitivity for their concerns and actively involving them in classroom discussions and or activities
• Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of students
• Contribute actively to the process of curriculum review
• Achieve assigned retention rate in accordance with the campus, and accreditation and company guidelines by maintaining accurate attendance records daily and communicating attendance concerns to the education director
• Timely completion of all official college records, including grade reports, skill review cards, and plans/logs
• Maintain established office hours and be otherwise available to assist students outside of the scheduled classroom time
• Serve as a liaison with the medical laboratory community and keep current registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologist, Ontario Society of Medical Laboratory Technologist Certification; maintain registration with the Canadian Medical Laboratory technologist
• Implement and manage company policies and procedures such as attendance, grade reports, midterm reports, student advising forms, and all other assigned educational materials on a timely basis
• Participate in faculty/staff meetings, committee meetings, professional development workshops, graduation ceremonies, and other school functions as requested
• Support active interdepartmental cooperation with other departments such as Admissions, Financial Aid, and Placement
• Maintain current knowledge of corporate operations, policies, and procedures as well as the Everest training curriculum within the faculty of specialization
• Maintain classroom, clinic, lab, and radiology areas making certain that all areas are in working condition; order necessary class and clinical supplies and required
Performs all duties inherent in an Instructor/Professional Technical role. May be assigned other duties and special projects as required.
• University degree with a minimum of 2 years experience in a teaching capacity – within area of expertise, or equivalent combination of post-secondary education – from an accredited educational institution recognized by Everest
• Minimum of 5 years professional business experience within area of expertise
• Education and experience must meet the requirements of the Private Career Colleges Act
• Knowledge of adult learning principles is essential for every program
Technical skills/software knowledge
• 2 years minimum chairside experience
• Formal training in a recognized educational institution
• ONAA certified and this must be maintained annually; copy must be submitted to the Campus Director
• HARP approved
• Credentials must be kept on file at the campus and checked for renewal annually
• 2 letters of professional recommendation
• Instructor MTCU data sheets
• Proficient computer skills; Microsoft Office
• Minimum of 1-3 years practical work experience
United States-MO-Earth City
Our mission is to help students prepare for careers in demand or to advance in their chosen field. With more than 91,000 students as of June...