Job Title: Lead Cook
Reports To: Room Chef or Sous Chef
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for preparing recipes and food items in accordance with Siena Hotel Spa Casino's standards of excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned).
- On a daily basis, using checklist, checks DaVinci line to ensure that there is an adequate supply of food and supplies.
- Stocks any items that need replenishing on a daily basis.
- Sets the next shift up for success by re-stocking food and supplies.
- Ensures that the DaVinci line is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion at all times.
- Works a station on a particular shift.
- Ensures proper cooking temperatures are maintained and that dishes are presented in adhere to Siena's quality standards.
- Insures proper portioning, presentation, and consistency in all dishes and menu items.
- Supervises line cooks, prep cooks and stewards insuring that they are trained and have the proper tools, supplies and equipment to do their jobs.
- Supervises the cleaning and organization of storage and kitchen area as needed in accordance with governmental health and safety codes.
- Provide on-the-job training to employees within their assigned area.
- Provide general direction and basic work assignments to front line employees.
- Communicate to supervisors any work related issues that occur during an assigned shift, including employee relations or performance issues, facility or safety issues.
- Assists in supervision of kitchen team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years' experience cooking in a fine dining kitchen.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English language.
- High School level math. Adding, subtracting.
- Effectively and courteously interact, communicate and cooperate with coworkers in kitchen and dining room to ensure quality customer service and keep up kitchen standards.
- Maintain clean appearance and practice good personal hygiene in accordance with the state and governmental health agency rules and requirements.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures varying from +110F kitchens to –10F freezers, possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced motion with full range of mobility for up to 4 consecutive hours.
- Must have ability to bend, squat, climb, walk, see clearly, and hear well.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. and push 250 lbs. carts, as well as frequently carry and lift food trays/items of up to 30lbs. throughout shift.
- Must be able to operate within confined spaces and perform acts of repetitive motion.
Siena Hotel Spa Casino - 17 months ago