About the Job
Utah Telecommunication Open-Access Infrastructure Agency (Utopia)
West Valley, Utah 84119
Fiber optics broadband
Contract role/ Potential Full time
Years of Experience
6+ to 8 Years
Negotiable but will be commensurate with experience
The Utah Telecommunications Open-Access Infrastructure Agency-(Utopia) is a fast-paced and dynamic "municipally-owned and operated" fiber optics-to-the-premise inter-local agency that provides leading edge technical infrastructure enabling for voice, data and video delivery facilities for private service deployment. For more information see:
We are currently looking for a Senior Developer/Programmer. This person will be a key member in the Information Technology organization which is responsible for the development and support of software applications and database systems.
- Coding of new software applications and/or the modification of existing software applications.
- Support (issue resolution) of existing software applications.
- Analysis (scope and requirements) and design.
- Interaction/communication with business users.
- Provide technical assistance with environment setup/configuration.
The candidate must possess a BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. 4+ years experience is preferred.
Candidate must have knowledge and development experience with several of the following:
- Perl, PHP, Python, Django
- JAVA and JEE (EJB)
- jQuery, JSON and AJAX
- Web Service (SOAP and REST)
- Linux Operating Systems (Ubuntu, Centos, etc)
- Knowledge and experience with relational database structure and design. Experience with Oracle databases is preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively deal with all levels of personnel, customers, and visitors.
OTHER SKILLS / ABILITIES
Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
Good organizational skills
Ability to be multi-tasked in a high volume office environment
We offer an excellent benefits package and a salary commensurate with experience and/or education.