Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
Location: Monrovia, MD
Under general supervision, may perform and / or lead a crew of maintenance specialists, generalists and/or custodial employees performing a variety of operational projects and technical services in one or more skilled areas including mechanical, machining, electrical/electronic, carpentry, hydraulics, etc. Responsible for providing work direction, orientation, training and work review/inspection for assigned personnel.
Self-performs and leads a crew which:
1. Provides work direction, orientation, training and work review/inspection to assigned personnel for assigned shifts.
2. Plans, selects, and prepares layouts required of materials for installation, service and/or repair work. May provide estimates, time and material costs of various projects.
3. Provides direction and works from drawings, schematics, blueprints, job layouts or verbal instructions and operate a variety of tools and machines incidental to operations.
4. Ensures facility and O&M equipment is maintained and repairs performed, also ensures appropriate maintenance documentation is completed and filed. Ensures project status and/or general maintenance performance is documented and reported to customer and Site Manager on a timely and consistent basis.
5. Provides audit reports of performance levels to management as requested.
6. Provides required administrative support for Site Manager as needed, such as time sheet review and manpower scheduling. May backfill for the Site Manager as needed.
7. May be required to make recommendations regarding structural modifications required for installation, repair, replacement or maintenance of all assigned equipment.
8. Requisitions new supplies and equipment.
9. May be required to supervise sub-contractors.
10. May be required to be on call 24/7 to provide telephone assistance as well as emergency response to the facility.
11. Ensures compliance to all city, state, and federal license and certification requirements. Maintains and submits all records and documents to proper authorities.
12. Performs and reviews all work and assures all personnel perform work in accordance with established safety procedures.
13. Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards.
14. Performs other duties as required.
Completion of a two year technical degree or equivalent plus two years experience as an O&M Maintenance Specialist II or completion of an apprenticeship program. State Journeyman's license or equivalent, including five or more years experience in operations and maintenance. Requires in-depth knowledge of various maintenance fundamentals sufficient to deal with service and repairs. Must be physically able to perform basic maintenance tasks to the highest caliber, which includes ability to: climb ladders, work in confined spaces, lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs., etc. Must be able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as needed. May be required to use a variety of hand and power tools or forklift. May be required to possess a valid driver's license. Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
Johnson Controls - 20 months ago
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...