Produce sales quota, in profitable business, from accounts in a specific territory. Develop new accounts while up-selling and maintaining existing accounts. Maintain maximum knowledge of ARUP policies, products and services, and the health care industry in general. Maximize understanding and application of time management and successful selling practices.
This individual will report to the Regional Business Development Manager or Director of Sales.
1. Study diligently and acquire maximum knowledge of the essential details of every service at ARUP.
2. Study systematically the applications of the various services and their utilization benefits.
3. Be alert to changing economic conditions within the medical community as they affect major accounts in the territory.
4. Become familiar with all sales support aides, advertising and sales promotion and thereby be better informed.
5. Attend and participate in sales meetings in order to learn more about successful selling practices and demonstrating techniques.
6. Determine, establish and maintain contacts in the centers of influence and with decision-making executives while keeping up with important personnel changes.
7. Keep informed on new selling ideas and on new products, services and applications by reading appropriate trade journals, sales bulletins, company policy releases, etc.
8. Study competitive services acquiring comparative facts for use when needed.
9. Learn about the company order and service procedures, thereby facilitating the processing and servicing of client orders.
10. Study, interpret and apply every opportunity for self-development.
SALES SKILLS AND EFFECTIVENESS
1. To develop and apply the art of persuasive salesmanship with articulate oral and written communications.
2. Skillfully develop friendly and productive relations with all important contacts.
3. Plan and develop appropriate sales strategy in keeping with the most effective coverage of each account in the territory.
4. Exercise observation and resourcefulness and analytical evaluation of changing conditions within the accounts in the territory.
5. Develop sales presentations and product demonstrations.
6. Be alert to objection, and where they are without foundation, develop an inventory of counter-questions that create favorable response.
TERRITORY MANAGEMENT AND SELF-ORGANIZATION
1. Apply good judgment in scheduling planned call frequency in accordance with the potential of each account.
2. Search for and develop new accounts while reviving dormant accounts and securing more business from present customers.
3. Budget time, with planned utilization to achieve potential results and account development.
4. Use Call Reports as a personal selling aide, with daily evaluation of efforts to results.
5. Use ARUP sales records for guidance in sales planning and development of territory.
6. Avoid being the communicator of rumor in the industry and avoid “negative selling” the competition.
7. Use advertising and promotional time to supplement personal calls.
8. Follow prospects and leads to capitalize on indicated interest.
9. Maintain good work habits, with adherence to ARUP working policies.
10. Be loyal to ARUP in furthering the objectives of the organization and to associates in building mutually successful careers.
11. Maintain the right attitude, while striving constantly to do a good job of self-development for future advancement possibilities.
12. Remember the account representative represents ARUP and is “the Company” in the minds of the people he/she contacts.
13. Maintain a friendly, courteous personality and professional appearance.
BS Sales/Marketing, Biology or related field; or five years directly related experience.
Medical Technologist (MT - ASCP) certification preferred.
Physical and other requirements :
- Minimum of five years clinical laboratory and/or laboratory sales and marketing experience.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work long hours as needed.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extensive periods of time
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English both written and verbal.
- Fine motor coordination.
- Ability to organize work, to meet deadlines and to work under stressful conditions.
- Compliance with ARUP’s drug free workplace policy and will be subject to random drug screens. ARUP policy requires pre-employment, post accident and random drug screens.
- Ability to drive and maintain a good driving record.
ARUP Laboratories - 2 years ago
The good folks at ARUP Laboratories don't grow pale at the sight of blood. The clinical reference lab performs tens of thousands of tes...