Intrado Inc. is North America's leading provider of 9-1-1 infrastructure systems and services. Founded in 1979, Intrado's wide range of offerings for safety and commercial markets includes 9-1-1 data management, wireless data services, target notification and data aggregation and delivery.
The company's unparalleled industry knowledge in data management, network transaction, call handling and notification technology reduces the effort, cost, time and complexity associated with providing reliable information for 9-1-1, safety and commercial applications. Intrado is "work worth doing!"
Responsible for receiving calls in the 24-hour/7-day-per-week Emergency Call Relay Center (ECRC) from citizens for emergency and non-emergency issues in adherence to departmental policies and procedures; obtain information from callers and determine type of action to achieve successful problem resolution; record citizen information into the computer database ensuring 100% accuracy; employ complex Graphical Information Systems (GIS) ensuring calls for service are relayed to the appropriate governmental jurisdiction; establish a good working relationship with team members and department contacts in order to maintain and continuously strive to improve the level of overall service being provided; assist with performing quality reviews of services provided and department interactions by escalating work flow and communication issues to supervisor to help identify trends indicating the need to revise existing methods and procedures.
* High school diploma required. Associate's degree in communications, business, or similar field preferred. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
* One year experience in emergency services dispatching in a 9-1-1 center or similar environment required
* 24/7 on call experience preferred
* Basic knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
* May be required to work varying shifts
* Bilingual in English and Spanish (skill may or may not be required dependent upon position that is open)
Do you share our passion of "work worth doing?" Demand for our services continues to grow. We are looking for the nation's best who are interested in making a difference. If this is you, apply online today!
Applications will be accepted through 09/26/2013.
Please Note: Intrado requires background check, drug screen and motor vehicle record check as a condition of employment. Additionally, Intrado is a tobacco free workplace.
Intrado is an AAP/EEO Employer
Interested in receiving West job openings on your mobile phone?
If so, text LMTJOBS to 57229!
Enterprise technology, by definition, faces the constant challenges of complexity and obsolescence. At West, we are dedicated to delivering...