Job Title: Hospitality Specialist (HOSPSP) for
Spartanburg, SC center
Position Summary: The overall objective of a Hospitality
Specialist is to enhance and maximize the donor
experience. As the first impression of the organization,
the Hospitality Specialist must reflect professionalism,
competency, exemplary customer service skills and a
genuine appreciation for the donor and the values and
mission of The Blood Connection.
COPE Level: 3
Salary Grade: Per current job band for position.
Special Compensations: Shift differential per company
Supervision Received: Manager, Center WB Collections and
Greeting Donors and Guests:
• Opens doors and welcomes visitors and patrons with a
smile to establish rapport, create ambiance and connect
with guest on a personal level.
• Genuinely greets donors and other guests in manner
that promotes welcome and appreciation. Smiles, stands,
and shows respect to donors taking time out of their day
to perform a charitable act.
• Identifies donor by his or her specific appointment
(if applicable) and endeavours to engage donor by name
during the remainder of his or her donor experience.
Maintaining Store Front and Overall Impression:
• Maintains overall facility appearance (organization
and cleanliness of all donor areas, parking lot,
operational areas, etc.) by assuring that all
operational areas are clean, inviting and free of debris
during operational hours (between janitorial cleanings).
• Makes recurring and scheduled audits or rounds to
assess and maintain building and grounds to ensure good
housekeeping is maintained internally and externally.
• Ensures that all maintenance or requests for
maintenance is carried out correctly and promptly.
• Ensures that the night cleaning staff is carrying out
the duties allocated to them by visual inspection and
reporting all non-conformances.
Liaising with Donors and Guests:
• Communicates the TBC vision of donor experience to
• Is capable of conveying the organizational values.
• Is capable of conveying the operational mission.
• Circulates throughout donor center maintaining a high
profile with customers and staff.
• Engages donors in conversation and makes them feel
• Involves donor in conversation regarding different
donation types based on donor blood type, current
inventory needs and overall donor profile. Promotes
automated collection procedures if appropriate.
• Stays “close to the customer" and maintains effective
communication with him/her at all times through active
engagement in the donation process and interpretation of
the pulse of the current operational situation or
• Reports to management all observations that may
tarnish a donor’s experience. Immediately contacts
management if the donor appears disgruntled or
• Extends appreciation and gratitude to donors as they
• Maintains effective working relationships with
collection staff and management to assure that the donor
flow is expedited and efficient.
• Provides professional, courteous and prompt service.
• Performs reception and switchboard duties.
• Performs donor registration, identity verification and
• Provides educational material.• Escorts donors
throughout the process.
• Performs donor collection support tasks (as indicated
by appropriate training and release-to-task)
• Performs donor cholesterol point-of-care check.
(Performs donor finger stick, operates equipment and
delivers results to donor.)
• Mixing and sealing blood units.
• Placing blood units into storage
• Stocking donor screening room.
• Stocking donor collection room.
• Stocking and maintaining donor refreshment supply
• Monitors donors after donation.
• Recognizes signs and symptoms of adverse effects to
blood donation (reactions).
• Performs mitigation strategies to reduce progression
of donor reactions.
• Provides treatment until relieved by technical staff.
• Adheres to visitor protocols to ensure that no
unauthorized person has access to any part of the
• Participates in center sponsored blood drives and
other special events as requested by administration.
• Delivers On-the-Job Training to new hires as requested
by the company.
• Other duties as assigned
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or GED
Licensure/Certification Requirements: Valid Driver’s
Experience Requirements: Customer Service Preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent customer services skills.
• Continual awareness of the highest standards of
personal hygiene, appearance and dress.
• Must maintain high energy.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective
relationships in the work setting (with both peers and
• Must be a team player.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal
• Neat, legible handwriting.
• Great attention to detail.
Equipment and Working Conditions
• Personal Computer
• Blood Tubing Segmenter
• Cholestech LDX Point of Care Device
Safety Equipment: Personal Protective Equipment as
indicated on individual departmental and/or center wide
X Category 1: it is reasonably anticipated that the
performance of tasks or procedures that are required for
this job may involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or
other potentially infectious material.
• Normal office environment
• Exposure to normal conditions most of day
• Prolonged standing.
• Light lifting required.
• Possible exposure to untested blood
Security Designation Facilities:
• Access to company vehicles
• RFID access to designated areas at processing center
• Assigned access door code to collection centers
• Assigned long distance telephone code
• Alarm codes to processing and collection centers
Computer Access: HOSPSPEC
Training Requirements: Refer to the Training
Requirements Form for a detailed list of required
topics/ procedures assigned to this job description.
Required Education: High school or GED
Two years customer service preferred.
REPORTS TO OUR SPARTANBURG CENTER:
270 North Grove Medical Park Drive
Spartanburg, SC 29303
The Blood Connection, Incorporated - 19 months ago