Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
Certification/License(s): RedHat Ceritfied System Administrator (RHCSA)
• Bachelor's plus 12 years experience; degree can be substituted for additional experience.
Specific skills and experience required:
• 5 years of administration of Red Hat.
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) required
• Experience w/ Veritas Storage Migrator and HSM
• Experience w/ Veritas NetBackup 7
• Ability to design RedHat based infrastructure solutions, document the solutions and test them in a lab environment.
• Experience with designing and supporting high availability UNIX solutions.
• Experience with UNIX disaster recovery.
• Experience with Netbackup.
• Experience with certificate authority services a plus.
• Experience with automating UNIX deployment packages.
• Experience with and ability to understand, distill and document solution requirements.
• Experience with and ability to configure and deploy Linux based complex solutions.
• Experience performing system administration duties on Linux systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex Linux problems.
• Detail oriented and must be able to think independently
• High level of initiative and self-confidence along with strong verbal and written communication skills is important.
• Skill in managing one's own time and the time of others based on an established project plan
• Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Skills in communicating effectively orally and in written format
• Managed multiple priorities simultaneously
• U.S. Citizen or have legal right to work in the USA without sponsorship (Agency check will be required for this position)
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex Linux and Solaris problems.
• Must be able to pass a NACI background check.
• Top Secret or Secret clearance preferred.
URS is looking for a Unix Architect to join our team in Alexandria, Virginia!
This individual will be responsible for:
• UNIX Administrator supporting a 24/7 RedHat Linux/Solaris server infrastructure.
• Responsible for operating, maintaining, and supporting the overall RedHat Linux/Solaris server architecture in a 5,000 user, multi-site production environment.
• Individual would be responsible for managing the maintenance activities of RedHat Linux/Solaris servers.
• Providing support for implementation, troubleshooting and updates of applications on these servers.
• Managing system infrastructure and all related processes.
• Providing Transition support for data center moves regarding the Development, Test, Stage and Production environments to include migration-related activities, account management, software/OS updates and patching, OS installations and configuration on new servers, server decommissioning activities, responding to Service Desk incidents regarding end user problems associated with the systems, assisting developers with isolation and resolution of application issues which are service, operating system or hardware based.
• Provide migration support in regards to RedHat as we transition data centers.
• Other duties as required.
• The position is in Alexandria, VA and Washington, DC.
This is a 24/7 operation and rotating on-call support is a requirement.
URS Corporation is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; information technology; and decommissioning and closure services. URS provides services for power, infrastructure, industrial, oil and gas, and federal projects and programs. Headquartered in San Francisco, URS Corporation has more than 57,000 employees in a network of offices in nearly 50 countries (www.urs.com).
URS Corporation - 18 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...