INSTRUCTOR, EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
CLOSING DATE : Until filled
NATURE OF WORK :
Under the supervision of the Associate Dean, Liberal Arts and Sciences, this part time position involves teaching classroom and practicum courses in the Early Childhood Education programs at the Main and West Campuses. Related duties include participation in division and department activities and other duties as assigned.
1. Must meet one of the following education qualifications established by the Higher Learning Commission:
(* Examples of related fields are Human Development and Community Education)
- A Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
- A Master’s Degree in a related field* which includes 18 graduate credits in Early Childhood Education
- A Master’s Degree in a related field and an additional 18 graduate credits in Early Childhood Education
- A Master’s Degree in a related field which includes graduate credits in Early Childhood Education and additional credits in Early Childhood Education for a total of 18 graduate credits in Early Childhood Education
2. Must have a minimum of five (5) years full-time work experience or documentation of 10,000 total hours of part-time experience which includes:
3. Must be knowledgeable of current practices and standards within the child care industry.
- A minimum of three (3) years of full-time experience or its part-time equivalent as a lead teacher in an Early Childhood setting.
- Experience with more than one age group: Infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and children up to 8 years of age.
4. Must meet State of Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) instruction certification requirements.
5. Must be willing to teach day, evening, or weekend college courses.
6. Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social and educational backgrounds.
7. Must embrace and demonstrate the MATC Core Abilities and Standards of Teaching Excellence in development and delivery of instruction.
MATC Core Abilities
Standards of Teaching Excellence
- Communicate effectively
- Collaborate with others
- Respect diversity
- Demonstrate responsibility
- Think critically and creatively
- Utilize technology
- Apply math and science
- Demonstrate environmental responsibility
- Embrace change
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Understanding Students and Fostering Student Success
- Classroom Management
- Content Mastery and Currency
- Teaching Methodology
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Professional Contributions
1. Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodation
2. Ability to sit or stand for class duration with or without accommodation
ESSENTIAL TECHNOLOGY :
1. Email - Experience with an Email system (GroupWise, Outlook, Gmail…)
2. Telephone - Experience with a voice mail system
3. Computer - Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
SUPPORTIVE TECHNOLOGY :
Experience with or willingness to learn the following supportive technologies:
1. Online Information Management Systems - Experience with INFOnline or other online information management systems used for student advising, student programs, grading, class schedules and rosters
2. Blackboard - Experience with Blackboard or other web-based course - management systems
3. Technology-based Instruction - Experience with technology-based instructional delivery systems including SMART symposium, interactive touch screen monitors, LCD projectors, DVD players and/or other classroom technology
4. Emerging Technologies - Experience with emerging technologies (eg. social networking applications)
5. (Optional) Distance Learning Instruction - Experience with on-line, two-way video, ITV, and other methods of distance learning instruction
Salary is based upon education and experience. A Master’s degree and three years of related experience would gross an approximate beginning salary of $38.99 hourly.
Milwaukee Area Technical College - 2 years ago
Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) is not just for techies. The two-year college offers about 200 degree, diploma, certificate, and...