Applications are invited for a full-time position at the level of Assistant Professor or Instructor in Biomedical Equipment Technology at MediSend International’s Global Education Center. The successful candidate will provide academic instruction, research and leadership for students participating in the Biomedical Equipment Technology Program and is expected to demonstrate strong commitment to excellence in graduate education and the capability for establishing a strong educational program.
- Conduct classes and teach students the relevant biomedical technology subjects to BMET students, with emphasis on installation, operation, engineering principles, troubleshooting and repair of general biomedical equipment, imaging modalities and clinical laboratory equipment.
- Assist in preparing and developing the curriculum.
- Modify and keep current course curriculum, laboratory procedures and demonstrations for a continuing education program that addresses the safe and effective use of medical equipment. .
- Perform administrative and supervisory work associated with the department.
- Provide expert advice, consultation and guidance in biomedical engineering matters and support field activities as requested by management.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitive technologies in addition to medical, technical and biomedical developments related to medical products.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of three (3) years experience teaching and training in biomedical engineering technology or related subjects.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in the area of clinical engineering or biomedical engineering or medical physics.
- Minimum of two (2) year post-graduate experience in related field.
- Experience with complex medical instrumentation.
- Applicant must hold a Master’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering, Clinical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or a closely related field. A doctoral degree in Engineering, Applied Physics, or equivalent is highly preferred.
- Certification as a Clinical Engineer, Medical Physicist or Professional Engineer would be a plus.
- Advanced computer knowledge, able to diagnose and repair hardware/software problems.
- Knowledge of organizational development, team management and technical, medical and financial subjects are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills are required.
- Must have, or be capable of receiving, vaccinations recommended by CDC.
Applicants must submit all of the following to be considered for this position:
1. A letter of application addressing how the applicant meets the qualifications and responsibilities, and addressing the applicant’s philosophy of teaching.
2. A detailed résumé or a current curriculum vita that emphasizes educational preparation, professional experience, and abilities related to the position.
Monster - 12 months ago