SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
BON SECOURS HEALTH SYSTEM OFFICE, MARRIOTTSVILLE, MD
Department: CHIEF ACCOUNTING OFFICE
Requisition Number: 42693
Schedule: Full Time
Exempt from Overtime: Yes
The Senior Financial Analyst (Senior) provides planning and financial operations analysis for the consolidated system in detail to the Local System level. Financial analysis of monthly operational results will identify and determine underlying causes of variances to budget and prior year as well as identifying opportunities for improvement. The analysis by system and by entity would include, but would not be limited to, variances from budget and prior year, adequacy of reserves, reimbursement implications and the status of capital expenditures. The incumbent and staff will work closely with Local System finance departments to complete the analysis on a timely basis. Financial Planning will include analysis of the consolidated and Local System level annual three (3) year financial plan(s), annual budget(s), related capital plans and other planning as identified.
The Senior will be primarily responsible for the assigned analyses including management reporting and efficient use of all financial planning and analyses tools, processes, policies and procedures. The incumbent will also be called upon to provide support related to special financial projects related to specific Local Systems and issues at the direction of the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis.
1. Possession of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university.
2. At least five (5) years of progressive financial leadership experience with a track record of demonstrated financial and business acumen.
3. Advanced accounting, analytical, financial modeling, strategic planning and forecasting skills.
4. Expert knowledge in financial reporting.
1. Masters degree in Finance, Accounting or Business or active CPA license.
2. Experience and demonstrated knowledge of hospital operations.
3. Active member in the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA).
4. Experience with the Hyperion, SRC and/or Lawson General Ledger system.
Bon Secours Health System - 17 months ago
Bon Secours Health System, Inc. based in Marriottsville, Maryland, is a $3 billion dollar not-for-profit Catholic health system that owns,...