Responsibilities - Working with the Camp Staff Leadership Team to:
- Participate in pre-camp training.
- Review all camper and camp staff physical and health history forms prior to camp.
- Comply with staff personnel policies.
- Comply with camp medical procedures.
- Assist with camper blood testing, insulin administration, dosage adjustment, and medical needs.
- Consults with Nursing Director and/or Medical Director regularly during camp season.
- Ensure the health and safety of all campers.
- Assist with camper and staff health emergencies including accidents, high and low blood sugars.
- At the direction of the Nursing Director and/or Medical Director assists with the care of special needs campers.
- Assists with the screening of camp staff and campers upon arrival at camp.
- Respond promptly to medical concerns, including accidents and low blood sugars.
- Participate in general camp schedule of activities.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Report all incidents and accidents immediately to the Camp Director, and cooperate in the completion of required follow-up.
- Other duties as assigned by the Nursing Director and/or Medical Director.
- Physician Assistant, Pharmacist or other misc, medical professional licensed in North Carolina. Advanced medical, nursing, or pharmacy student
- Experience in diabetes management and education preferred, and/or awareness of diabetes management and education strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work with children.
- Awareness of potential health and safety issues and ways to control them in the camp environment.
- Readiness and ability to adapt to camp environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a team member.
- Willingness to reside on campsite for entire camp period.
Get ready for the experience of your lifetime and embrace the life changing adventure of Diabetes Camp.
"Together we can Stop Diabetes"
The American Diabetes Association (www.diabetes.org) is the nation's premier voluntary health organization supporting diabetes research,...