Job ID #: 26201
Company : Expedia, Inc.
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Finance
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Bachelors
Experience Required : 5-7 Years
Relocation Provided : No
Expedia Finance is seeking a Business Analyst who will help drive accounting/finance requirements and provide Oracle design/configuration and decision support to internal customers and partners. Ideal candidate will have Oracle R12 Superuser experience on a global scale. The desired individual will have a proven track record of working cross functionally across all levels of the organization. Strong knowledge of accounting processes and technical experience combined with strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Drive innovative and creative approaches to problem solving, resulting in quality deliverables which support overall departmental and corporate business strategy. Coordinate and/or perform Testing: UAT/Conf Room Pilot/use cases, entrance/exit criteria
- Supports UPK roll-out and maintains a repository of what is available with UPK
- Strong understanding of how Oracle works and how it’s configured
- Looks for opportunities to maximize use of the system
- Maintains user test cases
- Coordinates with IT for system downtime
- Partners with IT for new projects
- Ensures all new projects have appropriate training materials created
Work Experience and Education Guidelines :
- Experience in General Ledger, financial reporting, sub-ledger accounting and fixed asset reporting
- Strong statutory reporting with multi-currency
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure to all phases of software product development life cycle, including requirements, definition, design, specifications, development, test and product release.
Core Competencies :
- Extensive experience with Oracle, preferably R12
- 5+ years of Accounting experience in a global company
- Accounting degree and CPA highly desirable
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, organizational, and project management skills.
- Knowledge of basic business principles
- Ability to flex leadership style to accommodate a wide variety of team member styles and leverage team diversity
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia - 6 months ago
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...