At Munich Re, you will have the opportunity to combine real-life work experiences with classroom and technical training. Our internship assignments will introduce you to the reinsurance industry and provide you with a solid foundation to develop into future leaders. We are seeking a talented individual who will be responsible for the following
- Research & compiling reports for underwriters for specific treaties.
- Data quality controls in our systems.
- Assisting program underwriters with underwriting files.
- Review final contract wording against system entries for accuracy.
Internship Development Program
From your first day at Munich Re, you will participate in a variety of projects that have real impact on the future of our organization. As such, we are committed to supporting you with a program that focuses on strengthening your professional and personal skills through our intern development program. At various points throughout the summer, we invite interns to participate in a variety of development training seminars. A few examples include:
- Networking Skills
- Leadership Forum
- Guest Speaker Series
- Presentation Skills
- Resume Writing and Interviewing Training
- Intern Project Presentations
We seek interns who are dedicated to stretching their capabilities and realizing their potential. We are looking for well-rounded, energetic, and talented students who possess the following criteria:
- High academic achievement (above 3.0 GPA preferred)
- Major in business, mathematics, risk management or related field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with a variety of data to quickly organize and analyze trends
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Participation in extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated leadership abilities