Location: Providence, RI
In all of our centers, the first point of contact for our patients is the Front Desk Receptionist. As first impressions are lasting, it is imperative that our personnel portray patience, understanding, and professionalism.
RESPONSIBILITIES:1. Maintenance of patient's chart:
Patient demographics (including checking the ½ sheet against the patient registration)
Diagnosis (Confirmed by positive path report)
Pertinent medical records needed by the Radiation Oncologist.
Pertinent diagnostic x-rays with reports as needed by the Radiation Oncologist
Copy of patient's photo I.D., and insurance card, front and back.
Finalize chart by completion of Front Desk Checklist.
2. Maintain daily treatment, simulator, van and CT schedules as directed.
3. Under the guidance of the Physician, Technical Director, and Senior Therapist, create the Radiation Oncologist's and the Physician Assistant's daily schedule.
4. Maintain an active hospital list that must be updated daily,
5. Obtain all required diagnostic films and reports, pathology reports, etc., that are needed for the new, current, and/or follow-up patients that are scheduled though out the week.
6. Verify follow-up patients demographics on each visit.
7. Manage all incoming phone calls and transfer to the appropriate person as in the Radiation Oncologist, Therapists, Nurse etc. If the person is unable to take the call, an accurate message must be taken and given to the specific individual in a timely fashion.
8. Front desk Personnel also are responsible for the day-to-day filing of all patient information.
9. When patients have completed their present course of therapy and the chart has gone through final billing, it is the responsibility of the front desk to tear down the charts.
High school graduate or equivalent
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
Good Telephone, computer, and typing skills. Medical Manager preferred.
Experience as medical receptionist preferred, but will train
Ability to sit, stand, and communicate to patients and staff.
Job Description Clause
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Click Here to Complete Your Application
21st Century Oncology - 10 months ago
Radiation Therapy Services (RTSI) operates almost 120 radiation treatment centers in several countries, including seven that involve hospita...