Are you ready to experience the difference? Plexus Corp. provides comprehensive product development and manufacturing services to Fortune 500 companies in the Networking/Communications, Medical, Industrial/Commercial and Defense/Security/Aerospace industries. At Plexus you will work with knowledgeable employees in a global spirit of cooperative teamwork, integrity and drive. We provide quality services to such customers as GE, Johnson & Johnson, Honeywell and Siemens. Together we will transform our customer's cutting edge ideas into market leading products by employing a wide variety of services including product design, state-of-the-art prototyping, test solutions, board-level manufacturing and higher-level assembly. At Plexus we take pride in our employees and our services. Join our team today and experience the difference that Plexus has to offer.
The Focus Factory Manager is responsible for overall operational leadership, tactical execution, and financial performance of the assigned Focus Factory. Direct responsibility for providing the vision to develop and execute the following: continuous improvement initiatives, operational planning, product quality assurance, staff management/development, customer satisfaction, and effective communication both within the Focus Factory and with site associates/management.
- Direct responsibility for representing the focus factory in the development of the quarterly forecast reviews held on a monthly basis
- Development of production schedules based on committed financial forecasts, customer commitments and validated by load/capacity analysis
- Based on financial/customer commitments execute focus factory resource reviews to assure sufficient human and equipment resources exist to meet customer and site business objectives
- Assure that product and process quality are compliant to internal, industry and customer quality standards
- Drive productivity and financial performance by managing focus factory achievement of corporate and focus factory level metric goals
- Provide input and participate in customer meetings, visits and quarterly business reviews as required
- Report on focus factory performance to manufacturing financial, delivery forecast/goals and customer commitments. Specific financial /P&L responsibility as follows: Labor contribution margin, Scrap, Material usage variance, Focus Factory fixed cost, Focus Factory customer gross profit
- Conduct focus factory level communications as necessary to provide the tactical direction and drive achievement of quality, delivery, productivity and financial performance goals/objectives
- Provide the direction and leadership to develop and promote a Lean/Sigma continuous improvement culture within the focus factory
- The focus factory manager has direct responsibility to participate in and provide input to the following financial review activities: Customer program goal setting, Factory monthly P&L reviews, Site quarterly operation reviews, Provide labor cost/price input to customer quote reviews
- Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business
- Additional duties as assigned by management
All candidates must have legal authorization to permanently live and work in the United States without visa or employer sponsorship.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is preferred for this position; a Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Experience of 5 years is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met. Equivalent industry experience of 5 or more years is highly desirable
- A minimum of five years previous experience in the areas of production/operations management, inventory control, and quality assurance is required for this position; a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Business Administration, Engineering, or Operations Management is preferred
- Advanced Computer Skills
- Advanced Decision Making Skills
- Advanced Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Employee must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication, organization, and computer skills are essential for the employee to perform successfully in this position
- Excellent proactive problem solving, analytical, statistical process control, lean concepts and leadership skills are necessary
- Interacts with site focus factory associates, site peers and customer representatives. Communicates focus factory operational needs, objectives and performance results with the Manager
- Manufacturing / Director of Manufacturing
At Plexus we realize that our employees are the key to our continued success. That is why we provide a stimulating environment that fosters sharing of ideas, use of the latest technology and teamwork. An environment that supports employees as they take on new challenges and celebrates their successes. In addition to offering a competitive salary and bonus opportunities, Plexus offers an excellent benefits package including a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and medical, dental and vision insurance.
Conditions of Employment
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement. All Plexus U.S. locations are tobacco free.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Plexus Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Plexus isn't perplexed by even complex contract electronics manufacturing. The company develops and manufactures electronic products...