USA-Utah-Salt Lake City
L-3 Communications, is a leader in defense electronics for strategic and tactical military operations. We provide high-performance data link systems to transfer information to and from aircraft, ships, satellites and ground stations throughout the world. Our data links feature real-time relay of information for reconnaissance and surveillance purposes. For more information about our company click here:
The Salt Lake City for L-3 Communications is adding a NOC Engineer to its IT staff. Candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and help implement a Network Operation Center (NOC) for a large business with distributed campuses and remote locations.
- Provide business with proactive monitoring of key Information Technology (IT) networks, systems, and enterprise applications to assure minimum outages or systems failures.
- Develop and define baseline monitoring standards for business IT equipment, services and application.
- Develop and implement NOC Service Level Agreements (SLA) with business users.
- Develop policies and procedures to document NOC standards, guidelines and operation.
- Contribute to the troubleshooting and restoration monitored systems
A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management Systems, Business with an emphasis in Computer Science and/or related discipline or equivalent experience and education is required.
The ideal candidate will possess 8+ years experience working is in a complex Information Technology environment, including hands on knowledge of basic network, systems and enterprise applications.
Actual management or experience working in a Network Operation Center or Network Control Center (NCC) is highly preferred.
Strong knowledge of technical infrastructure, networking and system operations.
Basic experience with network functions (routing, switches, DNS, DHCP, firewalls)
Experience working with Microsoft server and workstation operating systems.
Fundament knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory operation
Knowledge of email systems, preferably Exchange.
Strong multi-tasking, organizational, and prioritizing skills.
Strong communication skills with business partners. Must be able to present one's self well and comfortably in front of an audience, as well as in writing.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot under pressure.
Proactive attitude looking for ways to improve existing production systems and ability to spot potentially critical problems before they impact the user environment
Ability to share knowledge, lead, and mentor less experienced team members.
Due to the nature of our work qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the successful applicant's skills, education and experience.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations throughout...