Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Birmingham, AL, SuccessEHS is a nationally recognized medical and dental software vendor providing a single solution Practice Management and EHR system. SuccessEHS software, entirely in-house developed and supported, has achieved multiple certifications from CCHIT. Our employees are driven, technologically savvy, and dedicated to providing the best service to our customers. We believe that our employees and the service they provide are what set us apart in the industry.
The Software Engineer contributes to the design, coding, maintenance, and testing of application software.
• Write, test, and document code that meets stated project requirements and follow all SuccessEHS standards for these tasks.
• Perform ongoing maintenance and provide problem corrections to existing applications as determined by Quality Assurance, Documentation, Customer Support, and Product Management.
• Take ownership of and follow through on all assigned issues in internal tracking system.
• Research and develop prototypes to prove viability of new technologies/tools in order to implement required functionality.
• Keep Software Engineering Manager apprised of project status and suggest product improvements.
• Knowledge of good software engineering techniques.
• Windows client-server and n-tier knowledge is a must
• Able to meet changing schedules and deadlines.
• Able to work independently and within a team environment. Willingness to assist team and seek assistance when needed.
• Solid Interpersonal skills and communication skills, especially written.
• Project oriented versus process oriented.
• Great attention to detail and highly organized
• Able to use logical and analytical thinking and able to research and find technical solutions online.
Preferred Education/Work Experience
A Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering is required.
• At least two years of industry experience required in C++ or C# and developing with relational databases.
• SQL, Crystal Reports and Centura/Gupta experience a plus.
• Experience with EDI formats (ANSI, HL7) and practice management a plus.
SuccessEHS - 14 months ago