1. Assists Field Managers in directing the actual construction of multiple capital projects to their overall successful completion and DOE satisfaction.
2. Serves as a member of the project team and design review board for each project from inception to closeout and ensures the highest quality, most
economical, timely, and practical design and construction product possible.
3. Coordinates construction outage schedules, cost controls, priorities, and planning with project management and plant schedulers to achieve successful project implementation.
4. Resolves quality control and quality assurance issues and recommends corrective action if necessary.
5. Coordinates with design engineering for scheduling of design outputs and provides design with necessary input to resolve design changes and
6. Promotes increased productivity and safe work practices with the intent of maximizing use of resources and eliminating injuries.
7. Fosters a "team concept" when interfacing with operations, DOE, other departments and divisions and attend scheduled and unscheduled meetings, provide reports, status on projects and identify, address and resolve problems.
8. Reviews and approves job plans, permits, material requisitions for capital expenditures, schedules/schedule changes and miscellaneous other
documents ensuring accuracy, practicality, economics, and impact on other projects.
9. Manages a staff of personnel assigned to capital projects and maintenance orders and attending to their development, training, evaluations, career progression and problems.
10. Identifies and acts on engineering and material restraints to critical jobs through meetings, discussions, reports and verifies that proper tools are in place to clear restraints.
Auto req ID
(Quantifiable; e.g. Three Years Experience, Bachelors Degree)
(Quantifiable; e.g. Three Years Experience, Bachelors Degree)" > IN THIS POSITION THE TYPICAL INCUMBENT WOULD HAVE A TECHNICAL BACHELORS DEGREE OR EQUIVALENT
EXPERIENCE WITH SUBSTANTIAL CUMULATIVE EXPERIENCE (IN EXCESS OF EIGHT YEARS) AND AN IN-DEPTH
KNOWLEDGE OF CONSTRUCTION, SAFETY, PLANNING, THE ABILITY TO EVALUATE TECHNICAL DESIGN DATA,
DEVELOP AND DETERMINE CONSTRUCTION TECHNIQUES AND STRATEGIES AND MANAGE MULTI-DISCIPLINED STAFF
IN A PROACTIVE, VALUE ADDED MANNER.
THE INCUMBENT MOST ALSO STAY ABREAST OP ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS, PERTINENT INDUSTRY
DEVELOPMENTS AND NEW SAVANNAH RIVER SITE PROCEDURES THROUGH ATTENDING ON SITE TRAINING AND OFF
Minimum Degree Required
High School Diploma/GED
Clearance Required to Perform Job?