Responsible to manage technical aspects of the multi-agency CRM reporting system (Visions) for MinnCAP member agencies, utilizing tools and techniques common to Information Technology and Business Process Management.
Collaborates with Visions network members (MinnCAP staff, local agency technologists, program staff, vendors and external organizations) to maximize the effectiveness of Visions as a business instrument for producing required reports and managing agency processes.
Provides leadership within the Visions support infrastructure to enable local agencies to successfully operate Visions by providing training, troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and timely resolution of support requests.
Serves as a liaison between the Visions business community and the Visions technical community to reconcile user requests and vendor responses.
Serves as the primary point of contact in Minnesota for Visions technical issues encountered by program staff, administrators and partner organizations.
Manages the operation of the Adsystech trouble ticket system for all agencies in the state of Minnesota. Provides second level problem resolution (first level for Visions Basic agencies) where appropriate. Monitors all tickets escalated to Adsystech to ensure satisfactory resolution.
Provides local database system administration services for all agencies using Visions Basic.
Configures administrative agency and program data required for agencies to operate Visions. Supports local administrators who are responsible for maintaining agency-wide data.
Performs end of year database maintenance as necessary to prepare data within program modules for new grant periods.
Executes data transfers and provides oversight of interfaces between Visions and external database systems which involve transfer, transformation and validation of Visions data. Tests and troubleshoots data exchanges for invalid data and implements appropriate corrective action.
Works in partnership with the Visions Project Manager, Adsystech and local agency technical staff to roll out major upgrades to Visions software.
Leads or participates in pilot groups tasked to develop new program modules within Visions. Advises local agencies and the software vendor on enhancements to the Visions interface.
Communicates with appropriate Visions stakeholders to provide the current technical status of upgrades, pilot projects and major software enhancements.
Leads technical focus groups organized by the Visions collaborative to advance the implementation of Visions as a business management tool.
Delivers Visions-specific training for individuals and groups using remote instruction, in-person training, product demos and by developing training documents for the network.
Attends MinnCAP conferences and workshops providing training and demonstrations on utilizing Visions to manage agency business operations.
Monitors trends in data and system use and proposes solutions to improve processes and minimize data entry errors.
Ensures that Visions can meet the reporting requirements for common Community Action Agency activities and statewide grants.
Produces aggregate reports as requested by the executive management and the Visions collaborative.
Attains and maintains a deep and broad proficiency in the Visions system both from a user and technical perspective.
Pursues relevant industry certifications and training as required to support Visions at an expert knowledge level.
Education and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field is required.
A minimum of six years experience is required in the field of Information Technology working in areas such as database administration and support, systems analysis and design, software development, and end user training.
Experience in end user technical support or help desk management for a CRM system in a distributed environment is strongly preferred.
Experience working with a non-profit or public organizations is a plus.
Technical certifications and an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position:
- Excellent consultative, interpersonal communication, facilitation, and presentation skills to support all stakeholders including those with little or no technical background.
- Strong logic and problem-solving capacity, a working knowledge of database design and data relationships, and proficiency in the principles of the software development life cycle.
- Technical competency utilizing Microsoft Server and Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Report writing and troubleshooting in a SQL database system.
- Attention to detail to ensure accountability for task completion by network members and development partners.
- Ability to translate operational needs into clear and concise software design requirements.
- Ability to develop innovative training and technical assistance materials for the Visions community.
- Mature organizing habits to effectively manage competing priorities
- Accountable to the network by actively (rather than reactively) informing interested parties of critical information.
- Adaptable to support disparate agency operations, management styles, organizational structures.
Ability to travel within the state of Minnesota as required and to provide transportation. Willing to work in a team environment and coordinate activities with other staff and network partners.