- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Merchandising and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Establishes and maintains supplier relationships to purchase products for a subcategory
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides direction to the cross functional buying matrix team
- Provides input to senior buyer or merchandising vice president for developing and managing subcategory budgets
- Supports development and management of new and existing product lines
- Supports senior buyer in category and subcategory strategy development
- Supports the senior buyer with execution and maintenance of category and subcategory inventory plans
- Bachelor s degree in Business or related field OR 1 year experience in buying, financial planning, replenishment management, retail operations management, or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year experience leading a cross-functional team.
- 1 year experience negotiating (for example, cost, product quality, delivery terms) in a merchandising field.
- 1 year experience using basic Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Excel, Word, Outlook).
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation that runs...