The Deputy Project Manager (DPM) assists the Project Manager in assigning and committing resources on a US Government contract involving personnel cleared to the level of Secret or higher. The DPM also assists in scheduling, coordinating and executing call center operations, QA/QC and other administrative and operational functions in the completion of the mission. The DPM works closely with Team Leads in the various task areas to monitor progress and assist in assigning/re-purposing staff as to meet routine and non-standard workloads.
- Have a thorough understanding of all facets of the Personnel Security investigation process for military applications, including receipt of standard forms, notification of requestors, reviews, adjudications, etc.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with security policies, procedures, and requirements as outlined in the NISPOM.
- Must be knowledgeable of and perform reviews of the applicable ISS security requirements such as AR-25-1, AR190-51, AR 380-5, and AR 380-19.
- Must be a proficient in systems relevant to Personnel Security Investigation processing such as: eQIP, AKO, PSIP, JPAS, DCII, AIES, DD2897.
- Familiar with the use of remedy software for call center/help desk applications is desirable.
- Current or previous military or federal government experience in Personnel Security Investigation is desirable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Working closely with assigned Team Leader, the DPM will assist the PM in managing personnel assigned to the contract.
Education/Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- 5 to 7 years experience in a security related field
- 5 to 7 years experience supervising work groups and tasks involving up to 100 employees.
- Prior military experience as an Administrative Officer or Senior Non-Commissioned Officer is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent typing and filing skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, works in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and has a strong attention for detail.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
SECRET Level Required
- Must have a current US Government SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must also be able to maintain a US Government SECRET clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The employee must be able to stand, walk and sit for a prolonged period of time; use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distant vision. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds .
Travel : Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
Work Location : The stateside work location will bin government facilities at Aberdeen, MD.
Olgoonik - 19 months ago