As a member of the Emerging Products & Technologies team, you will work with other engineers to learn how our web services are designed, deployed and maintained. You work to develop a deployment model that optimizes automatic building, packaging, and deployment to a large scale, multi-tier environment. Additional responsibilities include tool development, upgrade procedures, debugging, and other tasks as assigned. Good communication skills are a must as cooperation with the various application development teams is crucial.
Experience that is a significant plus:
- Experience working on RHEL/CentOS distributions (SLES or Debian experience will be considered)
- Unix shell scripting
- Linux init systems
- Ability to debug common issues on Linux systems, network, user accounts, performance, etc.
- Prior experience with Apache Maven
- Prior experience working at a start-up
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Familiarity with Ruby and rake
- Virtualization technologies like Xen/VMware
- MySQL Exposure
Symantec - 22 months ago
Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and...