To provide supervision and oversight in a small/medium/large full service branch office operation, including personnel management and office security. May serve as a Navy Federal Assistant Treasurer, Loan Officer, and/or Vault Custodian.
1) Assists the Manager and Assistant Manager in leading the branch team to deliver high quality member service.
2) Assists the Manager and Assistant Manager in leading the team to follow and comply with all required policies, practices, and procedures.
- Ensures the team delivers all branch related services accurately, completely, swiftly, and courteously
- Ensures the team receives complimentary member feedback through varied metrics
- Ensures that team member dress and presentation projects a professional, business-style image in accordance with branch policy
- Monitors and leverages resources to maintain high operational efficiency and seek continuous improvement
- Reviews statistics and reports to understand and apply business performance and trends
- Assists other areas of the credit union to support member service requirements and initiatives
3) Assists the Manager and Assistant Manager in leading the branch team to develop and maintain strong technical and soft skills, strong cohesion, high morale, and strong performance levels.
- Reviews all policies, practices, and procedures regularly with team members and inspects the operation to ensure understanding and compliance
- Ensures branch compliance with all security, safety, and emergency preparedness procedures
- Monitors cash operation to keep credit union assets secure and within operational limits
- Ensures compliance with all HR-related policies, practices, and procedures, such as timekeeping, recruiting, compensation, separations, leave usage, etc.
- Participates in regular branch self-auditing efforts to remain prepared for organizational review at all times
- Assists with branch budgeting, purchasing, and records retention for business expenses
- Assists with compilation and submission of required reports and records
- Ensures ongoing maintenance of branch building
4) Assists the Manager and Assistant Manager in leading the team to meet business goals.
- Participates in recruiting, on-boarding, and initial training of new team members
- Assists with using training resources and work assignments to ensure branch team members continually develop their skills and progress to higher levels of responsibility
- Assists with internal recognition and recreation programs to incent and reward team members for effort and results
- Participates in performance management efforts to set clear expectations, provide appropriate training and resources, observe and document, coach and counsel, discipline, and evaluate team member performance
Unusual Working Conditions:
- Assists with development and maintenance of a goal-oriented branch business plan
- Assists with leading team members to cross-service Navy Federal products and services to members
- Assists with efforts to achieve branch product, service, and business goals
- Assists with opportunities to conduct marketing outreach to members and potential members through financial presentations, local events, and close relationships with local military installations
May require off site work and flexibility with work schedule to support community events and recruit activities
QUALIFICATIONS -- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:Target:
General experience that includes clerical, technical or administrative skills that display increasing levels of responsibility and authority
Demonstrated or potential ability to supervise
Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills; ability to deal tactfully and effectively with members and employees
Effective organizational, planning, time management, and problem solving skills
Experience with member/customer service operations to include understanding of effective member service philosophy
Demonstrated or potential ability to handle multiple priorities, exercise good judgment and employ initiative
Proficient in the use of personal computers and associated software (e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
College coursework concentrating in finance, accounting, or business administration
Retail banking/credit union experience and/or knowledge of regulations relating to financial counseling, financial institution management, and consumer lending
To Be Determined
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal Credit Union values, celebrates and enacts diversity in the workplace. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Address: 7231 Golden Wings Road, Jacksonville, FL 32244
"Once a member, always a member," promises Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU). This policy has helped NFCU become one of the...