Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) was formed in the early 1990's and today we have to grown to over 28,000 associates and still growing. We have 75 plants with over 13,000 routes and we service our customers across the continental US. The BBU Mission is simple but bold: To nourish, delight and serve America every meal, every day. We do that through our broad portfolio of brands. Every one of our brands has a storied history. No matter where you work, you are part of the new BBU and our journey to become the very best baking company in the world and a leader in the food industry. Our bakeries produce the finest breads, rolls, buns, tortillas, chips, snack cakes, cookies, donuts, cakes and pastries under a variety of popular brands that our customers know and love.
Headquartered in Pennsylvania, Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Group Bimbo, an international leader in the baking industry with 156 plants and 1,000 distribution centers strategically located in 19 countries throughout the Americas and Asia. It produces over 7,000 products and has one of the most extensive direct distribution networks in the world, with more than 48,000 routes and more than 125,000 associates. a presence in over 19 countries.
• Lead with behaviors that encourage a safe workplace, teamwork, and achieve outstanding customer service efforts. Manage shipping staff scheduling for most productive availability of labor vs. workload
• Utilize AM Dutch measures to improve productivity.
• Manage transport scheduling outbound to insure timely delivery and effective trailer utilization to depots serviced.
• Empty basket flow to proper plants and co-packers ultimately reducing costs in the system.
• Provide leadership, direction, and coaching to effectively and efficiently execute the activities necessary for the distribution of product.
• Plan, schedule, and supervise all Shipping operations to ensure that all transports are loaded in a manner prescribed by company standards and are available at the proper time to ensure on-time delivery in a damage-free condition.
• Coordinate with transportation and manage dispatch functions to ensure effective communication of requirements and utilization of all transports.
• Manage stale disposal and overall organization and cleanliness of the dock and outside surrounding doors.
• Interfaces daily with all product sourcing facilities and co-packers to satisfy order fill requirements for respective depots/distribution centers.
• Ensure accuracy, accountability, and timeliness of the receiving, shipping and order selection process.
• Manage long code inventory operation to ensure proper product rotation and no out of code waste along with coordination with the Manager to ensure proper inventory levels to meet Sales’ requirements.
Bimbo Bakeries USA - 30+ days ago
No snickering about the name -- Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) is serious about making breads, cakes, and cookies. Its name is a shortened version...