- Knowledge of insurance carrier payment policies, practices, and amounts.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Flexible to handle unexpected daily challenges
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer operating skills
- Able to use a 10 key by touch (11,000 KSPH)
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, phone and other computer components
Intermedix is the nation's largest provider of business and technology solutions that manage the revenue cycle and support incident preparedness for the emergency healthcare services industry. With over 1,400 employees across the country, we are a Company dedicated to providing innovative technology and business services solutions to our clients. As the industry leader we seek high-energy and dedicated professionals who will uphold our Organization’s commitment in the growing emergency healthcare sector. If you want to work for a Company that rewards innovation and hard work with opportunities for growth and development, then Intermedix may be just the place for you. We currently have an opening for:
Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for applying incoming payments and adjustments to the appropriate patient accounts and for making sure the balances on the accounts are up to date and accurate so that future billings can be processed accurately.
· Post incoming payments, adjustments and other insurance responses to the appropriate accounts, apply discount adjustments as necessary and balance the account postings against the batch control figures from the correspondence department all while meeting the departmental transaction per day standard and the Quality Assurance standards as assessed each month and while meeting routine month-end deadlines and work schedules.
· Update patient accounts showing claim denials and explanations to prevent account from being rebilled.
· Review and evaluate EOBs for any problems and report any issues to leadership and/or client services. Examples of typical problems might include payers applying an incorrect fee schedule, use of incorrect provider number, incorrect denials or coding related issues.
· Establish and maintain an accurate understanding and application of client manual information in regard to daily assignments.
· Maintain acceptable levels of attendance and punctuality as specified in company and departmental policies.
· Meet routine deadlines and work schedules as well as timely and accurate completion of special projects and any other duties as assigned.
· Understand, support, enforce and comply with company policies, procedures and Standards of Business Ethics and Conduct
· Display a positive attitude as well as professional, polite, considerate and courteous conduct and treatment of others in the course of duties.
We offer medical, dental, 401k, generous paid time off,
and many other perks.
Come work for a leader in the healthcare industry. For additional company information and to apply for this position, please go to our website at www.Intermedix.com.
Thank you for considering Intermedix for your next employment.
Intermedix is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
Intermedix - 22 months ago