Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Deloitte Consulting LLP
Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities - people, process and technology and industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges
Deloitte Consulting's Emerging Markets Practice partners with governments and donor agencies to build the institutions, legal frameworks, policies and information technology capacity required for effective economic governance and private sector growth. As a trusted advisor to central, regional and local governments and donor institutions around the world, we have completed successful projects for governments across the spectrum of maturity-from sophisticated infrastructures to developing economies to post-conflict environments.
Deloitte Consulting LLP seeks a Strategic Communications Advisor for a multi-year USAID funded Governance Reform Project in South Sudan.
The project will support strengthening democratic governance in the Republic of South Sudan. The project is a three year project (with two option years) financed by USAID and implemented by Deloitte Consulting. The project's primary aim is to assist the RSS to continue to develop its core governmental institutions at the national and targeted state levels, with a focus on improving the inclusiveness, accountability and effectiveness of these institutions. The project has three primary components as follows:
Component One: Support for Strengthened Policy and Decision Making at Executive Offices
Component Two: Support for Strengthened Legislative Development
Component Three: Support for Strengthened Management of Civil Service Capacity Development
Assignment and Background Information
The Senior Strategic Communications advisor will support USAID/South Sudan's work with the Government of the RSS, specifically supporting communications in the Office of the President (OoP) under the "Nile Gov" project. The OoP is the executive office of the President of the Republic of South Sudan, comprising advisors for security, economy, legal affairs, religious affairs and other specialized areas, the vice president's office, protocol, Statehouse and administrative support. Among its functions, the OoP explains the president's policies and actions to the people, considers their input and concerns and promotes the interests of South Sudan internationally. Communications challenges are significant in that most households in South Sudan do not have regular access to news media. Communication frequently is accomplished directly with communities and local level representatives. The OoP is developing structures and processes that build on practices that have proven to work well, while building new systems and technical infrastructure that meet the needs of a burgeoning economic, media and communications environment and give voice to South Sudan's citizens. The Advisor will help the OoP define and build these systems, while coordinating closely with other offices including Cabinet Affairs, Foreign Affairs, Legal Affairs, and Finance and Economic Affairs. The Advisor will manage and coordinate support to the OoP to develop and articulate a shared vision, plan strategically, define policy, implement plans and policies and to engage citizens.
Level of Effort and Timing
This is a long term position and the advisor would be expected to deploy to South Sudan upon commencing employment. The period of performance for the Base Period is from January 15, 2013 to January 15, 2016 with two option years thereafter.
· Ten years of experience managing national-level public information campaigns, expert in public information methodologies and assessment.
· Advanced degree in communications, television and radio production, public relations, political science, public administration, social sciences or related field.
· At least three years of senior-level experience advising the office of a head of state, head of government.
· Expert at protocols, staging and advancing for public figures, including bilaterals, press conferences, speeches, ceremonies and special events.
· Expert in structures, systems and processes of executive office communications.
· At least five years of experience in television and radio production, with expert knowledge of broadcast systems, methods and mobile operations.
· Excellent writing and editing skills, proficient in Associated Press style and writing for radio and television.
· Assist with drafting of media advisories, news releases, fact sheets and reports.
· Demonstrated experience in international development and capacity building of public sector institutions.
· Ability to establish strong working relations with government officials and network with other donors.
· Experienced in informational media production, including public service announcements, print and broadcast materials.
· Familiar with quantitative survey research methodology, design, sampling, instrument development and analysis.
· Experience working for USAID- or other donor-funded development programs.
· A portfolio and writing samples are required.
· Experience as a component lead for a large, complex project
· White House experience or equivalent
· Three or more years of experience in sub-Saharan Africa
· Proficient in CS5, Audition, Final Cut Pro, SPSS, SAS
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/ about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Deloitte - 14 months ago
Are you ready to Strengthen Your Lead? If so, consider Deloitte. The Deloitte U.S. Firms have 60,000+ professionals with a single focus:...