Field Research Scientist
This position is located in Sioux Falls SD area and would require relocation.
- Design and plan field plots and field research
- Initiate and develop business opportunities with AG industry and Company representatives
- Continuously manage research and demonstration sites ensuring optimum performance and results are achieved
- Preform planting, spraying, harvesting and tillage duties
- Be expert on all new seed, chemical and fertilizers
- Provide report status to clients in timely matter
- Compile all data in user friendly format
- Present data and findings to Management
- Perform presentation to Sales staff
- Ensure compliance with all USDA, EPA, FDA and sponsor rules and regulations.
- Provide guidance and support to personnel conducting project evaluations, GLP applications and sampling events to ensure quality results.
- Responsible for staying current with technical/industry practices and updating methodology as appropriate.
- Ensure the utilization of safe procedures while conducting tests and that housekeeping procedures are in compliance with industry standards and company policies and procedures are maintained.
- Assist in other areas of the company as needed providing leadership in corporate projects.
- Promote responsibility, good work habits, and a positive work environment and improve customer service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Master’s Degree preferred, Agricultural Sciences or other related scientific disciplines.
- A minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of direct transferrable and increasingly responsible experience in small and large plot research as well as in the farming industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of field research procedures, including efficacy and APHIS project management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
- Ability to build and lead an effective team and foster a sense of collaboration to achieve goals.
- Able to identify emerging shifts in the industry through the review of competitive analysis coupled with the ability to make sound suggestions or recommendations to maintain competitive.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills, with proven ability to see a project through to delivery within budget.
- Excellent time management skills which includes the ability to balance multiple projects concurrently (with different deadlines) and to organize the resources necessary to accomplish them.
- Work with companies to develop research trial protocols, determine costs and pricing of trials, and manage trials as required by protocols.
- Management of Hefty demonstration plots including corn hybrid and soybean variety demonstration strip trials.
- Detail orientated
- Extremely self-motivated
- Reside in Sioux Falls, SD area or ability to relocate to Sioux Falls area
- 15% to 20% travel with an occasional overnight
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Summer Bonus
- Winter Bonus
- Ongoing Training
Please apply through the link below and your resume will be reviewed as soon as possible .
Thank you for your interest.
Human Resources Development