Responsible for teaching employment skill classes, working with local companies to create job opportunities for fathers, helping place fathers on work release and work like assignment while incarcerated and in gainful employment upon release, work with employers and fathers to help sustaining their employment and work with the evaluator to complete follow-up data collection with fathers, children, and families.
EEOC CODE: 02
GRADE: 44 Minimum Qualifications 1. Two (2) year's experience as a Job Developer; and
2. Graduation from an accredited College or University with a Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Management, or Business Administration or closely related Degree; or
3. Equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
4. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED) Special Requirements 1. Must be on call as required.
2. Must possess a valid Tennessee driver’s license or secure one as of employment date.
3. Must be able to work shift, evening, and on weekends as required.
4. Must be able to function in a prison environment.
5. Must pass NCIC background check, drug and TB screen.
Duties and Responsibilities 1. Teaches employment skill classes, works with local companies to create job opportunities for fathers.
2. Networks with local companies to create job opportunities and help program graduates secure and maintain gainful employment.
3. Works with fathers to help sustain their employment and works with the evaluator to complete follow-up data collection with father, children and families.
4. Works with Shelby County Division of Corrections to place fathers on work release and work line assignment while incarcerated in gainful employment upon release.
5. Maintains files consistent with privacy requirements.
6. Maintains a database of companies interested in hiring participants.
7. Provides weekly summary reports of contacts.
8. Maintains log of phone calls made to companies documenting terms of hire and reasons for refusing to hire.
9. Monitors employment placements in the community.
10. Performs related responsibilities as required or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Knowledge and skills working with an incarcerated or other high risk population.
2. Interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
3. Knowledge of Computer Software with MS Office Suite and Internet.
4. Ability to work independently and as a team player.
5. Ability to work in a corrections center environment with prisoners and their families.
6. Ability to work with diverse personalities.
Work Location 1045 Mullins Station Road, Memphis, Tennessee 38134 Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department
- 2 years ago - save job
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...